Results from questionnaire on Christians and Game Communities

GameProf

Hi all,

I don't know how many of you remember this, but about 3 months ago, I posted on this forum asking for people to participate in a questionnaire about Christians and video game-based communities. Although the results came in in early November, I haven't had a chance to tell people here about what I found because I was busy working on the book that led to the survey (the questionnaire was info for one of the 10 chapters). However, I submitted the manuscript to the publisher on Dec. 19, and so now that I'm done a bit of a break, I've had some time to compile a quick summary of the questionnaire results, and I thought I'd post it here for people to look at, because your community was key in getting this done. You can find the report in the General Discussion forum here.

I will warn in advance, however, that a "quick summary" does not mean polished or short. I'm in a desperate time pinch as my semester starts next week, and I have to prepare 3 courses in the time left to me, so the report is not perfectly written, not laid out as neatly as I'd like, and far too long. But you may still appreciate skimming through it and picking out interesting nuggets of information.

As to the book (tentatively titled God in the Machine: A Christian Exploration of Video Games--but that may change shortly), the submission of the manuscript is just the beginning of a long process of editing, typesetting and market planning, so it won't be coming out until early 2013. When it does, you can be sure I'll be promoting it anywhere and everywhere I can, and I'm sure I'll be asking you to help spread the word about it. In the meantime, I'm happy to chat with you via email about whatever you'd like to know about the book (although be aware that it sometimes takes me a bit to respond given the volume of email I deal with every week!).

I really want to thank you for helping with my work, and I hope and pray that this project may bear some good fruit.

Sincerely,

Kevin Schut
Trinity Western University
Langley, BC, Canada

Back