Redeemed Roster of Rank 10+ Characters

Gilga

Using the Mythic Realm War data as of about an hour ago, here's where we stand as a guild. Note: I was trying to get at just mains, so I'm only including toons with rank 10 or higher. Obviously there are a number of folks just shy of that threshold who get left off even though they are clearly mains (e.g. Young), and obviously some people have somehow managed to level more than one toon up to 10 already (e.g. Souldestroyer/Soulrestorer) and end up on the list twice. But anyhow, here's what it is:

roster-1.jpg

UPDATED 9/24/08

We are obviously heavy on healers (especially Warrior Priests) and obviously light on DPS (especially Melee DPS). But overall it's not incredibly unbalanced.

If there are any alts on here, or if I've made any mistakes, please point them out in this thread and I'll clean it up. I will update the picture above daily(ish) but the up-to-date googledoc can be found here.

Last edited:
Samgineer was my main until I fell in love with my IB. So, now Samgineer is religated to alt status and can be removed from you list.

One problem noted: Warrior priests are not healers! I was trashing the Destro healers in the last few Nordenwatch matches and some tier1 RvR last night. I'm part of a 4-toon wrecking crew! I'm more of a secondary or off-healer. The fact that you have to be doing damage to have power for heals is kinda important and makes main-healing rather difficult.

Incidentally a Bright Wizard, Warrior Priest, Rune Priest, and Iron Breaker make an incredible team that can pretty much push a battle wherever we want to take it.

Last edited:
Incidentally a Bright Wizard, Warrior Priest, Rune Priest, and Iron Breaker make an incredible team that can pretty much push a battle wherever we want to take it.

Yes we can and yes we did. It was tons of fun!
/maniacal laughter

(We now return you to our regularly scheduled Gilgadoc.

Durruck makes an interesting point ... I did some very notional (and debatable since it's probably biased by my perceptions of WoW analogies of careers rather than how they actually fill out in WAR) analysis as show below, and the Warrior Priest does have somewhat of a unique niche.

bubble.jpg

Support = HEALING but also stuff liek crowd control, buffs/debuffs/etc
Durability = TANKING but also just plain survivability of non-tanks
DPS = DPS, 'nuff said

10 = BEST
1 = WORST

Ratings of the careers by along those dimensions here here.

Depending on how you spec the warrior priest they can heal very well, or DPS, it is up to you, I am also rather annoyed at people calling them just healers...

Well that IS what Mythic calls them...

Warrior Priest on the character selection screen:
Archtype:Healer
Class Details: Close-combat Healers

I kinda think Mythic wanted them to be Healers but I guess I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, WP's are pretty much the true hybrid that lots of games had been looking for. We'll see how they scale with levels.

Wow lots of IB too. Kind of makes me sad was haveing a hard time picking between the engineer and IB. Went with the tank because never played one and from what I thought dps would be more popular. Boy was I wrong! Oh well have not seen where to many tanks have been a bad thing in RVR.

Well that IS what Mythic calls them...

Warrior Priest on the character selection screen:
Archtype:Healer
Class Details: Close-combat Healers

I kinda think Mythic wanted them to be Healers but I guess I could be wrong.

I do realize that, but if every class only had one function; then, imo, that would be dumb...

yeah and I am being sarcastic too, don't mind me ;) All 3 specs of the WP seem viable. 1 is a heavy healing spec, 1 is more a protection/buff and 1 is damage with aoe focused. I know I will be respeccing a lot to try them all out.

What Mythic says

Ironbreaker=Tank

What Alcorn says

Ironbreaker=Heavy armored Ranged Dps/healer!

I will be hidind behind a rock throwing my Axe if you get low On health come open up a trade window with me behind my rock and I will Give you a healing pot!Thats how I will play my class. HAHAHAHAHA! :D

What Mythic says

Ironbreaker=Tank

What Alcorn says

Ironbreaker=Heavy armored Ranged Dps/healer!

I will be hidind behind a rock throwing my Axe if you get low On health come open up a trade window with me behind my rock and I will Give you a healing pot!Thats how I will play my class. HAHAHAHAHA! :D

LoLz!!!

Back