Recently Seen Movie(s)

In theatres...heh...

...most recent was either...True Lies or Titanic. lol :D

Btw, I haven't gone to the theatres for many years since most of those movies are released on DVD, 6 months later.

Rent: Well, we don't have any cable, we collect movies. I believe we are around 950 movies, somewhere around 70 I have not even watched yet...but I have most everything it seems, if it's worth watching.

Theatre: X-men 3 & Superman Returns already...Pirates this weekend.

aka Ash said:
I believe we are around 950 movies.

That's nothing...my uncle has 2500+ DVD's alone, not to mention any odd VHS's he might have laying around...

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Narnia...the last movie I saw at home was Cheaper By The Dozen 2...

At Home:

Underworld Evolution (Must destroy this movie, the director ruined it)
Ultraviolet (strangly a good movie, no profanity, no sex, lots of violence, but c'est la vie.)
Aeon Flux (about 60% of this movie did nothing to carry the storyline)

In the theaters:

Xmen 3 (boo, hiss)

Superman Returns- 9.5 I didn't like the Superman costume.
Dead Mans Chest- 10 Davy Jones character was magnificent in effects.
Shall We Dance - 10 just now on my big screen. I really liked this movie. A
Richard Gere movie

I just saw A Scanner Darkly, which is based on a Philip K. Dick novel or short story; I'm not sure which. It has a unique visual style that's halfway between animation and real footage. I'm not sure how they did it, but I understand why, because otherwise it would have cost a bazillion dollars in special effects that, given technological limitations, still wouldn't have been terribly convincing.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend it to most people because it has nudity in it, but I can say that the pseudo-animation style makes the nakedness more abstract and therefore easier to watch without sinning. It carries a very strong anti-drug message, and at times can be genuinely funny. The story is complex and at times hard to follow, flopping back on itself and challenging your perceptions. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 for artistic quality, a 4.0 out of 5.0 for moral relevance, and a 1.5 out of 5 for objectionable content.

Last Holiday (not my choosing, believe me)
Superman I
The Others

Anyone seeing Lady in the Water? =D

I heard Lady in the Water is a pretty slow movie. M. Night has really slipped... to the point I'm thinking he's a one trick pony who will never again succeed with a great movie like the Sixth Sense. Unbreakable was really good, but since then he's pretty much lost it. Signs was good, the Village was horrible.

Back