Re: Raiding Requirements (gear/stat)

Yokie

I was just reading the post for the 2008 Raiding Policy and i wanted to discuss something that was in there.

Gear Guidelines

Gear/Stat Requirements
In the past we have had Gear/stat Requirements, we are moving from that to a Class Leader System (see Class Leader Document for more information). Technically you no longer are "Required" to have a such in such stat, but will be up to your class leader to tell the officer you are ready in his/her mind and the officer vote. The old Requirements are still there and will be the basis of stats that most Class Leaders will use to judge each of the class members.

I honestly think it should be Stat Requirement should still be applied. Reasons:
1. The Requirement will still get people to work harder to attend raids.
2. What if the class leader isn't online?
3. Kara should still have a stat requirement of a min of 1000~1050 +healing unbuffed for the first few bosses and +1200 healing unbuffed from like curator till the end. Thats not really asking for much too either and its a general avg for all healing classes.

=====

Enchant/Socket
All raiders are required to have the best gems and best enchants on all the gear they can at all times. If they get a new piece they have one week to enchant or get the gems for that item. If they can't they will need to talk to their class lead and he should be able to point you in the proper direction to achieve these goals.

Love It.

1.) Gear and / or performance (likely a combination thereof) is used to determine one's eligibility to be on progression raids, i.e. having the "Raider" rank. So while someone may have a blue or green or two but they can simply perform in a very effective manner, that opportunity exists.

2.) In regards to what? Being promoted to the Raiding rank? That shouldn't be an issue as that doesn't require consistent log ons - several sessions or vists to the forums a week should be sufficient. Not to mention, they will be checking armory for specs and gear and can do most of this out of band, e.g. officer and CL forums.

3.) There are other factors that can mitigate that to allow numbers to be decreased. For example, the tank or DPS involved. If the tank can simply take more damage and not require as extensive healing requirements or the DPS contingent can down the bosses fast enough that it's not as much of a factor, lower stats *can* (not will...can!) get in. It's a matter of substitution or calling the raid if it simply can't be done after a reasonable number of attempts.

Angry, Glad you spoke up... but look at the last line:
Gear/Stat Requirements
In the past we have had Gear/stat Requirements, we are moving from that to a Class Leader System (see Class Leader Document for more information). Technically you no longer are "Required" to have a such in such stat, but will be up to your class leader to tell the officer you are ready in his/her mind and the officer vote. The old Requirements are still there and will be the basis of stats that most Class Leaders will use to judge each of the class members.

What this allows is for people that have a ton of skill to step up sooner then someone that relies more on stats.

What about those who want to raid, but do not have the time/ability to get insanely high stats? Is the guild going to be willing to help out those who have little time to play in getting their stuff up high enough to meet requirement?

Redeemed will continue to raid Kara, it is up you the player to show up. I'm not going to log into you account. :)

@70, if you have time to log on a few times a week and do one level 70 instance each time you log on, most, with a good group take no more then an hour, and for the most part, guild groups turn out to be good groups. With the introduciton of daily instance and heroic instance quests, finding a group for one of thsoe instances has become easier, and so has getting the heroic badge gear.

Also, its not just about gear stats anymore. Class leaders appear to have the authority to say, "Noix is shy on the gear but possess the skill set to get through Kara, so go ahead and grab him." This may well be a paraphrase of the intent, but it is my understanding that a class leader can overlook gear if you are just shy but possess the skill.

You'll also find ample opportunity to "get gear" regardless of how much time you spend on the game. Just be open to not getting all the quests done that wanted to and spend some time in instances. I levelled 68 to 69 to 70 in instances only, it takes longer but it also ensured that upon turning 70 I was raid ready gearwise and that I had all those quests in the 68 to 70 zones to grind out for my flying mount. Hence why I have no solo'able quests left to do in the outlands (other then dailie), so when there is nothing going on in the guild, I have nothing to do.

Okay, I have never been level 70, so I did not know what it is like to get the gear and stats...thank you...

What about those who want to raid, but do not have the time/ability to get insanely high stats? Is the guild going to be willing to help out those who have little time to play in getting their stuff up high enough to meet requirement?

Well what i posted as healing req aren't insane stats at all. Then again Mordos is right and its up to the Class Leader to decide.

Angry, Glad you spoke up... but look at the last line:
Gear/Stat Requirements

What this allows is for people that have a ton of skill to step up sooner then someone that relies more on stats.

True. I'd like to add though that being able to be labeled as a "raider" doesn't mean someone should make the cut for all raids. There still should be req for raids.

Redeemed will continue to raid Kara, it is up you the player to show up. I'm not going to log into you account. :)

So yea...uh...can you bring my char to this weeks Grull/Tk? K thx bai! :p

Also, its not just about gear stats anymore. Class leaders appear to have the authority to say, "Noix is shy on the gear but possess the skill set to get through Kara, so go ahead and grab him." This may well be a paraphrase of the intent, but it is my understanding that a class leader can overlook gear if you are just shy but possess the skill.

Getting into and through kara are totally different. Skill can cut some corners but if you dont have the gear stats to output what is needed...you'll end up being a liability.

will be interesting with class leaders with all the different trees, holy pally having say over tanks and ret pallys, etc heh

with Bax being a class leader is he gonna be doing 25 mans with him or is he gonna be tanking and hunter class leader at the same time?

will be interesting with class leaders with all the different trees, holy pally having say over tanks and ret pallys, etc heh

Taken from the official post:

My Class Lead is a totally different spec - who do I go to? - In these cases (arguably most relevant for Shadow / Healing priests or Tanking / Healing pallys), contact your CL who can point you in the right direction.

I'm not going to be the official priest class leader but the priest class leader can pass all shadow related questions my way. ;)

I saw that Quantam, just seems odd now, back in MC when all classes basically went the same way( pallys and priests healed, Q was the only one allowed to stray:p) it was easy with class leaders but its opened up much more now

Q is correct, we (the officers) thought about this very thing, but didn't feel we needed to make a DPS WArrior lead or a Prot Pally Lead. We thought about doing duel leads, but the main prot pallies are either not around allot or taking a break, do to what ever. But we thought, if there is any one the has qeustions and can't get ahold of Sand or you where... there are other option. I've looked into Tanking everything, so I can help most start Prot Pallies.

As far as Bax being the Class Lead, until there is another Hunter step up I'll be doing the role... This doesn't mean I'll be playing Bax on Raids, I'm a Tank and will be for as long as I can think of. I'm just going to be handling all the work load of the Class Lead as well as my other duties.

ya for the whole gear issues. i remember when i first started raiding and mordos wouldnt let me TOUCH anything past i think maiden until i had stats that were INSANELY hard to get cause i had to farm alot of istances and to tell u the truth i hated mordos so much for that
but now after seeing how that helped me learn my class and be a better dps all together i love him! and when i see ppl that r wearing greens, not gemmed items, or ones wihout chats that dont meet up with the req i was required to get to it kinda makes me mad because how come someone that didnt work nearly as hard as some of us had to get stuff we worked our bottys off for?

128290902159183750youhasnocover.jpg

Back