Quick heads up, a new primary alt char for me :)

Allanon

Esua, Dwarf Hunter, mining/skinning - I got bored sitting around waiting for a group to raid high lvl instances :) My hunter as of the date of this posting is lvl 20.

Lol, nice Adam.

I finally reached level 60 this weekend with my main. I think that you'll be seeing more of me in the next few weeks.

I think you guys should keep a continuous rolling update on your character when you level up etc.. on our main "Who we are and where to find us" page. Just a thought.

On Saturday, 40 of us took a stab at The Molten Core.
It was awesome, first time I'd ever been in there.
It's quite interesting to see how the leaders worked the raid. We all sat at the entrance to the cavern while the main hunter used his pet to pull the mobs to us one at a time.
This was much safer than going down into the cavern, where there's danger from patrolers, getting knocked into lava, etc. This took about 1.5 hours. It is interesting to note that each of these mobs are more powerful than the Boss of Upper Blackrock Spire.

Then we moved onto the next cave to fight Lucifron, the bodyguard to Magmadar, who is the first Boss of Molten Core. Surrounding Luci are Core Hound Packs, groups of 5 Core Hounds. These guys are tricky, because once you kill one Core Hound, the other 4 Hounds must die within 10 seconds, or else they will respawn. After clearing them flawlessly, we moved on to Luci. He is tough. He had two AoEs that affect anyone in LoS of him. The first is a magic 'bomb' that goes off after 10 seconds, dealing 2000 shadow damage. The second is a curse that doubles the cost of all spells and abilities. This one is nasty, as your priests will run out of mana very quickly.

The first two attempts got Luci down to about 25% health. The 3rd pull was a hilarious disaster, as the Core Hound Packs respawned at the same time....we all died in about 30 seconds.

I suspect we'll try again next weekend. :D

Sounds cool! I got to lvl 50 over the weekend, I expect to clear 51 tonight. I'm currently about 4k XP away from 51. No biggie, gimme 30 mins. Got torched by Treamus the Destroyer... Boss dragon in The Blasted Lands. I didn't think he would aggro if I was fighting something else and he happened by. I was wrong. One hit later, I was on my way back from the graveyard. :( Note to all you guys out there, "Don't mess with lvl 500's on your own. Go in large packs."

Heh, yeah he's the second hardest dragon, right under Onyxia. Or so I've heard. We took him down with 14 people once, hehe. Didn't take long.

Someone chain me to the Terenas server so I can get Orinad to a decent level.

Hey Alan, just curious, how did the hunter use his pet to pull the mobs exactly? was it run in aggro and run back or was he using "Eye of the beast" where he controls the pet?

Back