Quest Problem

JohnD

I have been leveling Golias in Vashj'ir. A good place once I got used to the three dimensional nature of the place and got the incredibly fast seahorse mount. There was one quest though that gave me fits and was very frustrating at first. This quest, "To Arms!" is a gathering quest that requires you to collect 4 Stormwind Breastplates, 4 Stormwind Spears, 4 Stormwind Shields and 4 Stormwind Helms. I had no problem except for the helms which had a long respawn time and with the pressure from other players were very difficult to find. It took me about 30 min to get the first two, but the last two went quicker after learning the trick.

The trick here is to just camp the place where one spawns and wait for the respawns. Dont swim around looking once you have found where one spawns. They spawn about every two minutes or 3 minutes I think.

One thing that works well for that quest (found out by accident) is to kill the little looter npc mobs there around the shipwreck as well. I killed one as he attacked while I was looting an item and when I killed him he dropped two items I needed, helm and breatplate. So went about killing them and looting items only if I saw them and it went pretty fast with most of my items coming from them with maybe 4 I picked up.

As of 12/8/10 10pm. The "Ascend No More" quest in Vashj'ir is bugged. The conduits do not appear and nothing is clickable. This same problem is occurring on many of the servers if not all of them. Unfortunately, this blocks one from completing the rest of the quests in Vashj'ir. Guess I will just have to come back later.

Well, this morning the Defending the Rift quest was unlocked and I completed it and earned the achievement, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. So I guess the fact that Ascend No More is bugged does not keep you from completing the last quest and getting the achievement. The quests in between the two, however, never appeared for me.

My druid is stuck on Ascend No More, thought I would just leave him there until they fix it and just play other toons till then

Yeah, there's several bugged quests in Vashj'ir. My advice, if you're concerned about leveling speed, is to head to one of the later zones. You can quest in Deepholm at 82, Uldum at 83. You can always come back to Vashj'ir later.

Gear rewards also start to get a LOT better once you hit Deepholm.

As of yesterday, I went back and finished the quests from Ascend No More up to Defending the Rift the with no problem. My log now shows 160/160 completed. I completed Defending the Rift earlier when Ascend No More was bugged and bypassed. On to Deepholm now.

I was able to complete Ascend no more finally but got two more quests in and Defending the rift is bugged :( Really trying to do the quests in order but its making it hard. In the meantime while I wait for it to be fixed I've been exploring a little and playing with the trades some.

Back