Processor Help Required !!!

kasimir

Guys

I need some help from you ! I need to make a call between the following cpus :

AMD 64 (3200+) vs AMD 3000+ vs P4 3.0

Any thoughts
rock.gif

btw assume a 1GB DDR 400 and Radeon 9800 for the rest.....

I'd go with AMD Athlon FX 64 (3200+) IF you did not have any budge problems
tounge.gif
probably P4 3.0 is lowest from my view. Pentiums are much more stable, but Athlon is much more faster if you compare the two. I'm using P4 2.0GHz and i'd surely want an upgrade
tounge.gif

I wanted to go for the standard A64 but there seems to be potential issues with both the chipsets available.... and I also have some budget constraints since I would like to throw in an Radeon 9800 PRO into the mix as well ... so in a buget-constrained world, your best bet would be the k7 3000+ in this case ?

im currently crunching numbers ... seems that i can get the a64 with a hercules 9800 pro and still within my budget..from a direct importer ....with a msi viakt800 mobo....anyone had any probs with msi boards ?

Cool! yeh Athlon FX 64 is certainly better, but I think i'd be good enough with 3000+ but.. thats just me
tounge.gif
i do really want a Radeon 9800 pro though, currently im using a 9000 pro overclocked
blues.gif
great videocards, ATI Radeon
biggrin.gif

gee wiz..this mobo has 8 usb ports..i don't even have 8 usb devices even if i connect them all at the same time !!! ... well.. the Athlon 64 FX is still the top of the line...the normal Athlon 64 is also 3200+ with the 800 mhz ht...the FX just has a bigger mem bandwith internally on the controller methinks

yikes! i thought 6 was too much
tounge.gif
but i took off that pci usb quad slot (4) and use the duo one in the front of my case.

i think ur right, just Athlon 64 has lil lesss mem bandwidth internally, duno on the controller though, its still 64
tounge.gif
you'll have to pick wisely, but remember, if your building your own computer, you can upgrade it anytime you want, its awesome.

im gonna have to build this monster myself it seems .. the only way im gonna afford this baby is not to have another middleman..

Building a computer is actually not as hard as you think. Pay attention to the Manuals that the Case and other hardware comes with. You gotta know what your doing. I was actually excited in building my computer, though i had to spend 2 straight days throughout the weekends, but i guess thats wat being young'in is about
wink.gif

my brother once smashed a 1.3GHz CPU by putting the fan on wrong, back then it was the fastest CPU..ouchie

id say the amd 64, y, bcuz its gonna last u longer upgrades wise then the other too, its the lastest technology, and ull get the best performance out of it, so if u have the money to spend on it, get it, cuz it will last u a while til u need to upgrade it again.

Back