Priest healing in Cata

ben777jil

So I've been trying to find stuff out about Holy priest healing in Cata, and everything I'm finding says stack INT, Crit, Haste, then Spirit. I was just wondering what you all think, and if you have any links/post that you can link that will help me figure this out.

Intellect is most important because not only does it increase your mana pool (which will likely come in to effect as you level and after) it also directly affects crit (and possibly spellpower) so really you are double dipping when you choose it.

Haste is important for sheer throughput not only because you can cast more heals in less time, but also causes HoTs to occasionally proc an extra time based on your haste rating (if a base line renew ticks 3 times in 9 seconds, you can stack enough haste to make it tick 4 times thereby increasing your heal throughout).

The balance is whether you have enough Int (mana pool) to keep up with your increased haste. (If you cast faster heals you may not have enough mana to keep healing for a whole fight, or enough spirit to regen so you can effectively heal again). That requires a bit of personal tweaking to see what your personal style needs....are you always running out of mana...get more int and possibly more spi....do your targets die while you are casting? Lrn2play (jk)Haste would probably be a good choice.

I believe (and I could be wrong here) that holy priests still have talents which make spirit boost their spellpower so that spirit affects your mana regen as well as your spellpower.

Have no clue if I cleared anything up for you, but I too have found it difficult to read up on priests post-patch. Most of the sites I used to have bookmarked hadn't updated when I was speccing and most of the new ones I stumbled across had lots of guessing rather than hard facts. I too would be interested if anyone has found a good site for either Holy or Disc (smite/atonement spec) priests.
*rant* The mastery for disc priests is a bit broken as it becomes more powerful the lower the health of your target..therefore, unless you are ONLY a tank healer, most of your mastery is wasted as most of the targets you will hit with heals would be above 80% not below 20%...grrr

Back