/Prayer

Narius

Hey guys...Um, I really need some heavy prayer about some stuff.

I had an uncle, Raymond, (31 in November) who was in jail for 3 1/2 years due to siphoning money from my grand parents for drugs and stealing a car at a car dealer. He was sentenced to 8 years, but got out at 3 1/2 years on good behavior, but there was one time in his first time that he got into a fight and had a seizure and hit his head. X-rays later, it showed he had heavy brain damage on both sides of his brain.

He got out in June '11 and we moved to Dallas in July '11. I was never close to him, he would verbally abuse me, (I'm 13), and things like that. He'd never hit us when he stayed with us, but it got close a few times. One time when he was staying with us, well, he's a diabetic and he overdosed and was in a coma, which led to him getting the shock pads (whatever they're called) in my house in front of me and my little sisters. This is about 5 years ago, before he went to jail, so I was 8 then and I had a 6 year old sister at that time.

After that he got out of our house and he went to my nana's, where things went downhill and he started doing all the bad stuff. But when he got out in June last year I hadn't wanted to see him. I still didn't forgive him and so I ended up having to see him, which he tried to buy us a Wii to atone for his actions, it was a nice gift but I still held resentment for him.

Well we moved to Dallas in July, and he got really bad sick so he had to go to the doctor's alot, and they diagnosed him with epilepsy, got him some new medicine and sent him home. His seizures started worse than they should've been so he returned and they said it was a stage 4 cancerous tumor in his pancreas that also metastasized to his brain, and he was diagnosed with 6 months to live.

So we all got really worried and we came to visit him frequently. In February of this year, he outlived his prognosis but started to talk about his funeral continuously which made my aunt suspicious, (where he was staying at the time.)

Well my aunt and uncle, I'll call them M and G respectively, had Raymond, my uncle (R, from now on) stay with them because G was training to be in the military when a humvee accident hurt his back really bad so he can't do much now. G loved having him over all the time, and they were best friends, and G finally had something to do other than play PS3, watch TV and sleep all the time.

M got tired of having R at the house all the time, so while telling him it was great having him over, she was texting my mom and telling her it was like heck having him over, she never got any rest time or alone time with G.

Mom told R and he got upset and asked M what it was about, she cornered him and said to tell her everything said between R and mom, or to get out of her house. R said he'd be out at the end of the week which M snapped back with "I really didn't mean that." But she did mean it.

G convinced R to stay with him longer and R said that he would, but he was going to my Nana's (his mom's) so they could rest and G said that might be a good idea, so M could calm down.

Well R went and came back and things were better, but he had to go a week later because G was going to Houma (They live in Louisiana, Houma's right out of New Orleans) to visit family. R wanted to give M a break, a home alone to herself, for all she did for R.

So R went back to Nana's, and turns out G didn't go to Houma like he said because he started feeling bad. (Don't forget, bad back. He wasn't lying, he's actually a good guy.) But M texted him and asked R to stay the rest of the week there, next week because G might go next week to Houma, then he could come to M & G's house for a week and go back to Nana's the following week because M is a school librarian and it's her spring break.

He had enough, told them he'll just go somewhere else, and got all his stuff and left. This is where things slowed down, we didn't really hear much for about a week or two.

Well this Tuesday the 13th R told my Nana that he was going with his friend Megan to go get his prescription refills and go get some lunch. He never came back. He left everything at home, his phone charger, everything.

Yesterday morning, Friday, March 16th, a cleaning crew knocked on his door and got no answer so they came in. They found him dead, on the bed. No pulse. No nothing. There were 3 (Suicide? We haven't figured it out yet, but that's what my gut is telling me.) notes, addressed to Nana, my aunt Johnye, and my great aunt M.

He had asked for our full address so there may be one coming in the mail for us, too. The cleaning crew called the cops, who ID'd him and called nana. All three notes have lead to suicide. Johnye's note told her that R couldn't take it anymore and that he was ready for it all to end. M and Nana won't tell us what theirs say.

This isn't all. Back before he disappeared he was supposed to take G and Nana with him to the dr for them to ask any questions about his illness. He disappeared Tuesday. See what I'm hinting at?

M and G went through his medical records that were at their home and there was NO hint of cancer. No tumor, no nothing. But the brain damage was far worse than anyone thought. His brain looked completely ravaged on the Xrays and how he'd survived that long with that much damage, no one knows.

He's had a history as a liar and a person who would manipulate people to get the attention on him. He learned that from in his view, his 'amazing' step dad. Who actually abused my mother.

I hope he didn't kill himself. I hope he didn't know he was alone. I hope he knew I loved him and I forgave him. If he didn't... I don't know what I'd do. I don't have another shot to tell him I forgive him.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Even if you can't tell him that you forgive him do it anyway. Forgiveness does just as much good (if not more) for the forgiver as for the forgivee. I believe that when we die we are exposed to truth(Christ) and if the truth is that you and God loved and forgave your uncle then he'll know.

I'll be praying for you and your family. Even if you can't tell him that you forgive him do it anyway. Forgiveness does just as much good (if not more) for the forgiver as for the forgivee. I believe that when we die we are exposed to truth(Christ) and if the truth is that you and God loved and forgave your uncle then he'll know.

Thanks, AMorrii.

Praying for ya bud. Not to sound trite but brain damage can mess up a person and change their entire personality, taking a loving, honest person and turning them into a monster. Not sure if that explains your uncle or not. However, rest assured that God knows his hart no matter what was happening in his head and He is the final judge and His mercy and grace will prevail.

Back