Prayer Request

Echodelta

Hi CGA,

I have a prayer request for my left hand. It's been bothering me since around December but back then it wasn't that bad so I just continued to work through the pain. I'd say in the last month the pain began to grow plus began spreading. It originally began between the knuckles of my middle finger. Now it affects my ring & pinky as well the area below them.

Last week I visited my doctor and mentioned the pain. I said I think it may be due my job. He referred me to see an orthopedic surgeon. This week while waiting for the referral, I began getting inflammation in my hand. As the week progressed, the inflammation spread up my forearm nearly to my elbow.

Thursday night was the worst. This was also the day I received the referral upon which I immediately called to set up an appointment. However, I stated that I wanted to claim it as an on-the-job injury. I was told I had to first see an occupational doctor before I could be referred to them. The earliest I can see this doctor is Wednesday. So back to my left hand. It felt like my hand & arm were on fire plus my hand began to swell. I used ice packs to reduce the swelling. On Friday I went back to my doctor asking for anti-inflammatory medicine which I received. X-rays were taken & came back negative. The anti-inflammatory pills have greatly reduced the inflammation but the pain persists. Even as I type this, the pain intensifies using a keyboard. I thought I knew what was wrong with my hand but now I'm unsure.

The pain was so great that I had to pass on this weekend's GW2 beta. Admittedly at first I was really bummed about it. But now thanks to some encouraging words, I'm cool with it. I just may need to pass on all the betas though & possibly the full game until my hand gets better. Holding a game controller is almost null as well. I've been meaning to buy a Kinect and will likely do that now.

So Wednesday is a big day for me. If the claim doesn't go through, I'll go straight to the orthopedic surgeon to have the surgery. But my job could be affected without the possibility of compensation or rehabilitation.

I ask for you prayers that all goes well.

Thanks & God Bless,
Ed

I saw the doctor today. He's sending me to physical therapy for now. I see him again in 2 weeks. He said surgery is the last option. I have some forms to fill out for an occupational injury.

Here's an update on my left hand.

I went back to the occupational doctor on Wednesday. He diagnosed it as my left hand having tendonitis, 3 trigger fingers, & an undiagnosed tendon problem. My physical therapist wrapped my left hand with Kinesio tape on Monday. I took the tape off today and it felt better for about 15 minutes. My left hand remains swollen, in pain, and the inflammation is intermittent. But I am in good spirits. I put this in God's hands. I am 99% out for GW2. I just plan to create the characters on the first day then go into semi-retirement :) Thanks for the prayers.

What? No GW2? I need to pray harder for ya. Seriously it sounds like there is a least some progress being made, will keep it on my list.

Back