Prayer for a potential job

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSquared

As some of you know, I am currently outta work. It's rather bleak out there. All the recruiters are saying they have nothing for me.

Well...I just found out there is a company which fits my skills and it is super close to where I live. Like a 10 minute walk. It's in a little building which I always thought, "In my wildest dreams it would be so cool to be so close to home and work in that building." This would definitely be a wild answer to prayers. But...of course, the company needs to think I am capable. I would appreaciate continued prayers and also specifically for this position, that God gives me the words for the cover letter.

In addition, there is another job I can apply for but it's down in Austin, TX...I'm up in Oregon. We can really use prayer over that as well. My wife and I don't want to move (plus we have 2 kids), but I don't want to pass this opportunity by if it is what God wants.

Thanks. We really do appreciate the prayers.

will do ssquared.

Just remember that God is there, and He has a plan. I know how hard it is to keep depression away while searching for a new job (the 9 months between graduation and getting my current position were miserable)

God bless.

GO TEXAS DIAMOND BACKS ... opps sry. jk. i'll pray that u get to stay in oregon and get that job

You're in my prayers, SSquared. If you want, maybe we could fax around a sheet to CGA members and have them sign a sheet asking the company to hire you. *g*

Oh, and be sure to include Mad Chengman in your prayers as well. He was laid off when his employer went under recently. ;_; But he's a very intelligent and skilled IT expert, so I'm sure he'll find work soon enough. Just pray that he finds the job that's part of God's perfect will.

Well, I think it will just be time. There just aren't many software jobs in Oregon. A few new ones pop up each week, it's just I don't have a strong background in the specific areas they are looking for. It's been rather disheartening. My wife is a stay-at-home-mom, so if I'm not working, we aren't bringing in money. I do get unemployment, which I am extremely grateful for.

It's hard because I know God is in control, He will provide, and His timing is perfect, but there is still the unknown, the worry, and everything else. If God has been ONE thing in my life, I have known Him as Provider. I know He will be faithful because He always HAS been faithful. I just wish I could let go of my earthly eyes and see things with God's eyes. That's what I'm fighting against.

Definitely will pray for Mad Chengman.

Hoo boy! I just had a phone call from the company right down the street and they would like to see me for an interview. This is amazing! Unforutnatley, the interview isn't until next Wednesday, but that will give me some extra time to study up on stuff. I am quite nervous.

I also got a phone call regarding an IMMEDIATE opening that needs to be filled. I'm not sure if I totally fit what they are looking for, and I haven't yet heard back from the recruiter.

sure thing
smile.gif

I hope it works out well too.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back