PRAY FOR A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE

MouseOfAslan

I just found out that a very dear friend of mine has lung cancer and it has moved into his brain. It is in stage 4 and they don't predict he'll live out the next year.

He says he's not in any pain and didn't even know he had it, but went for a check up because of a suspicion he had.

Please pray for him, and me, this is very hard on me (it's a long story)

man, that's a real bummer. I'll be praying for you guys- especially that you can continue to trust God through this. I hope that this prayer is something you could use;

Abba, I abandon myself into Your hands. Do with me what You will. Whatever You may do, I thank you. I am ready for all: I accept all. Let Your will be done in me and in all Your creatures. I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into Your hands I commend my spirit. I offer it to You with all the love in my heart, for I love You, Lord, and I give myself, surrender myself into Your hands without reserve, with boundless confidence, for You are my Father. (Charles Foucauld)

What a wonderful prayer.

I spoke with Joe (my friend) today. I haven't seen him in around 8 years. The radiologist who is radiating the brain cancer is positive, they are able to get good access to that area. Joe started Kemo on Monday, so he's not sure how it's going to make him feel. So far he says he's not been in pain (he looks good) and he seems positive about the situation. I guess I'm the only one crying. I have to let my boys know as they spent a lot of time with his son.

Thank you in advance for the prayers.

Back