Poll To keep rail system

Keep the spawned rails or make/lay your own?

• I want to make & lay the rails myself.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I want keep the spawned rails.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • You spawned the rails!?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator

Do you want to keep the spawned rails, or do you want to mine out the ores and make your own?

All the rails I put in were mined. Uhhh I can't quite remember how much that is. It's is not the majority of it but it was still a decent amount. The only thing that I auto generated that is still in the map is a 6 x 6 patch of cobblestone I did when someone else was generating tunnels. The guilt I had XD :p .

Regardless do what ever you like with the map :) . I think I am just going to take occasional tours of things people make. Maybe finish my catacombs/cave if I feel frisky but more than likely not. At this point it's so much easier for me to make stuff for TF2 and people will get more use/fun out of it.

I like the rails but I'm pretty far from spawn. With all the effort I've put into my homestead on beta I'm gonna stay there until it's reset. I can lay my own rails if it comes down to that but if we are gonna do that why not just reset the whole map. Most of the new players have moved on to gamma and left beta a ghost town.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Powered_Rail
A rail in the "on" state will accelerate a minecart if any of the following is true:
The minecart is already moving, in which case the cart is accelerated in the direction of motion
The minecart is stationary, but one end of the powered rail is up against a solid block. In this case, the cart is accelerated in the direction that is not blocked.
The minecart is stationary, but the powered rail is on a slope. The instant the powered rail is activated, the brake is released and the cart will start moving down due to gravity. As the cart is now moving, rule (1) applies and the cart is accelerated in that direction.

Considering the complete deletion of beta and the lack of anything resembling order in Gamma in which to base a rail system on... Do we still need this tread?

Back