• Disagree: Compromising just to win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither: Don't care about PC's and/or Alliance

• Neutral: wait and see

• Total voters

Jethiel

What do you people think of the political picture out West now?

It seems that the merger will help both parties in numbers for the house and in ridings, but it will be interesting to see how this marriage will work. Who's gonna slap who first in the disagreement stage of party politics? Stockwell definately has a larger push for a national election now...we'll see if he can handle two parties at once - it's a good test for a "future prime minister" if it ever happens for him.

Well if Deb Gray was still in the party, my vote would be with her slapping someone first. lol Right now, there is still that one dissident who's trying to prevent the parties from merging, and is trying to take it to court. What's his name...? In any case, seeing as the CA MP's royally outnumber the PC MP's, I think that the CA stands to benefit by gaining seats, and the PC stands to benefit by, you guessed it, gaining seats. Last election, we watched as a large number of constituencies voted for their favorite candidate; the Liberal candidate won, but if the PC and CA votes were added up, they outnumber the Liberal votes by a fair chunk. I think that if there was a single party, sure you'll lose some support, but I think that the Liberal party can be the official opposition. Let's hope.

*gag* politics
rock.gif

Back