planning ahead

janc

Planning ahead for when I can connect...

For starting to build on the server, what's the general method of "staking a claim" and starting to build? I don't want to intrude on another project. I also don't want to reduce the property value for the people already here. :)

I'm looking forward to connecting.

(With a noble and official tone)
Most shalt be in agreement that if ye wish to claim land, ye hath place a fence round about it with a sign saying who hath it belongs. Also try not to erect any towers in front of thy neighbors windows least their view be hindered and ye be considered rude.

But try to talk to the people in the area you intend to build and see if they had any plans for any of the surrounding land.

thanks for the input :)

On the surface this should be fairly easy...I'll have to keep track of where I'm digging underground, though.

I try not to build near anyone. That way I can dig where I want or build what I want and no one gets mad. (Cept grey when I built my skywalk and it intersected his mountain. But that was unplanned and I was willing to move it if he wanted me to)

Right now, there's a lot of claimed land near spawn pretty much in all directions. There's 2 possible places you might try.
1. Find the entrance to the South Rails and go all the way to the end. There you should find some beach area. Check around there, and the land on the other side of the water.
2. Follow the pathway from spawn to Pastor's valley. If you go past the vally and keep going over the mountains, there's probably going to be a lot of unclaimed land there.

If you are still having problems finding a good spot, let us know, and we'll be more than happy to help. I actually have my own map, so I'll gladly help you find a nice stake of land.

Also if you find Abea's beach and make a right and keep walking that way, I only know of one person out that way so far and there are some nice islands.

There's a guest house on my property anyone is free to use as needed. As well as a supply box that is open for those in need, especially new players. I try to keep it stocked up, sometimes I'm a bit slack, but I really do try. ;)

I love to visit other people's projects, so let me know when you get something, I'll come check it out.

And when you pick your spot, don't forget to post your name and coordinates on the back wall at spawn.

Welcome aboard!

Ooh! Then come to my house and check out the basement! I put in a swimming pool with a glass bottom, and I'm going to put a huge vertical shaft beneath it. But come and swim! Even try the lame water slide. LOL

I found an island off at -390,837 (x,z)...hopefully that doesn't get in the way of anyone. I stuck a sign on the shore closest to the mainland marking it. Once I get some resources I'll start fencing it as well.

Boy. You're way out there. Let me see if I can send some supplies your way to help you get started.

Yes please. And if you come in, I assure you we'll take good care of you. We'll set you up in a temporary shelter and help you find a nice spot to claim.

Thanks a ton for the supplies, Koah - that was a pleasant surprise when I logged in. :)

I don't mind being that far out...just wanted to have room to build and not get in anyone's way.

I know this sounds like a funny request, but is there ANY way we could get large 3d map of what exists already? This way, we can pretty much tag where people are at, and would know where people are NOT at. This would help me to know where I need to roam to find my own stomping grounds :)

I know that there's some programs that take such pics. At least my old server had such a feature, and it was REALLY nice to get bird's eye view of things.

Last edited:
Back