Peter Pan

Ultima Avatar

Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it day after its Christmas release, and today (well...yesterday to be precise). It is a masterpiece. Beautifully done. Well worth whatever you pay for it. It took its spot above Return of the King. I smiled unbidden throughout the movie, and it gave me immense pleasure to see it. It is my number one, because to me, it is perfect. Alas, I am a writer, and that is one reason why the movie appeals to me so greatly: it is creation of fantasy incarnate, and masterfully presented at that.

Well...Hook was its own independent movie. It wasn't a remake of Peter Pan. It was an expansion on the story, and a fictional twist that Peter Pan DID grow up and returned once again to Neverland to end Hook's hold on his life.
Peter Pan is the thankfully un-Disney-fied rendition of the story by Barrie, Peter Pan. It was excellent for the first time there was an actual movie about Peter Pan, and not that crud Disney tried to pass off as the story. Albeit, the Peter Pan cartoon was good, but they butchered the story, and the cinema release of the actual movie is just gorgeous. See it.

Back