Perspective - Holidays 2006

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Parents are spending over $1,000 for Playstation 3 consoles on eBay for their children.

Meanwhile...
Half the world — nearly three billion people — live on less than two dollars a day.
Source: Poverty Facts and States - Global Issues

Since Thanksgiving is this Thursday and since most of our forum users live in either the United States or Canada, and with Christmas fast approaching, I wanted to risk a few flames to put matters into perspective.

If you have food, shelter, drinking water, clothes, a Bible, eternal salvation, and the opportunity to worship Christ and read God's Word without fear of being arrested or murdered, you have some amazing gifts for which to be thankful.

Discuss.

if i was richer i would be buying one of those ps3's..... rofl jk, to many spoiled brats in america, especuially where i live. kids pout over the simplest things and its so ghetto, i just wanna slap some of em

People actually were shot and killed over the PS3. Not surprising, though, because people are killed over all sorts of silly things these days. The world is not a pleasant place.

Tek, I would be VERY thankful if you would buy me a PS3 for Thanksgiving. ;)

Back