PC Hospital

Maddmedic

So our church is having a benefit for my wife and two other gals that are undergoing cancer treatment.
Poster Here.
In the ER at the hospital I work for, one of these posters was posted in the main work area for nurses and MDs. Today when I stopped in it was gone. I asked one of the nurses about it and she told me that the ED Nurse Manager felt it might be offensive to some because of the "Religious" overtones..Another fine example of anti-christianity that goes on today. Now I am sure if it had inferred Islam or another belief it would still be there. And I am going to make sure she knows that when I see her today. She ain't my boss and mine is a devout Chrisitian, let her complain to him about me !!!

Hm, the poster DOES have religious overtones, but I don't understand why that would be offensive. I mean, if you take offense at the display of religious belief, doesn't that make you, er...intolerant?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Jan. 19 2005,12:36)]Hm, the poster DOES have religious overtones, but I don't understand why that would be offensive. I mean, if you take offense at the display of religious belief, doesn't that make you, er...intolerant?
unfortunately in today's society, its perfectly acceptable to be intolerant against Christians, heterosexual males, and those who are happily married.

Read persecution by david limbaugh, great book that goes over the persecution in todays world by the liberal extremeist. btw nice poster
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Jan. 20 2005,4:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Jan. 19 2005,12:36)]Hm, the poster DOES have religious overtones, but I don't understand why that would be offensive. I mean, if you take offense at the display of religious belief, doesn't that make you, er...intolerant?
unfortunately in today's society, its perfectly acceptable to be intolerant against Christians, heterosexual males, and those who are happily married.
I know. Isn't hypocrisy fun?

Well the poster is written like a church service pamphlet, but that should be irrelevant; it has only good intentions.

And fellows, there's plenty of intolerance on both sides of the line. Let's keep the issues in perspective.

well... Islam, Judaism is ok. But when they hear "Chrisitan" they immediately go into this frenzy mode. I find this a lot of bogus stuff. <_>

Hrm. Also keeping my eye on this thread and may move to Religious Discussion if it continues in this manner. I don't want to squelch any conversation; I just want to make sure the conversation goes in the appropriate forum.

Back