parent's aren't supposed to act like this

The annoying part is that the father of the girl that committed suicide has to go to court due to his destruction of the other family's foosball table, yet the family that essentially drove the girl to suicide doesn't even seem to be remorsed over the incident.

a friend of mine blogged a commentary on the incendent here and then posted some additional details here.

That story is scary. This happened only 3 miles from where I live and I have never even heard about it till this forum.

I agree with the bloggers comments that they should sue them into bankruptcy. It really is the only way you will ever get them to move. The fact that they have no remorse shows that they have no heart.

That's absolutely vile. The saddest part is that there's no way to prosecute that family, although I really think that the FBI would be able to do something. Things like that really get me riled.

And I agree with TJ... those people (all of them) need prayer.

For those who are wondering, several blogs are reporting the name of the woman who harassed Megan Meiers as Lori Drew.

Her name, address, and phone number appear in a standard search on WhitePages.com, so I imagine she and her husband have either changed their phone number or are getting a non-stop barrage of hate calls.

While I don't personally believe in mob justice, I also don't believe that Lori Drew will "get away" with what she did. The difference is that her judgment will come at the hands of an outraged mob, rather than at the gavel of a judge.

I feel this is a terrific opportunity to remind everyone that vengeance is the Lord's. While we may be outraged at this horrible act--and justifiably so--we are never permitted or encouraged by Scripture to take justice into our own hands. Romans 12:19 clearly forbids vigilante justice.

Last edited:
For those who are wondering, several blogs are reporting the name of the woman who harassed Megan Meiers as Lori Drew.

Her name, address, and phone number appear in a standard search on WhitePages.com, so I imagine she and her husband have either changed their phone number or are getting a non-stop barrage of hate calls.

While I don't personally believe in mob justice, I also don't believe that Lori Drew will "get away" with what she did. The difference is that her judgment will come at the hands of an outraged mob, rather than at the gavel of a judge.

I feel this is a terrific opportunity to remind everyone that vengeance is the Lord's. While we may be outraged at this horrible act--and justifiably so--we are never permitted or encouraged by Scripture to take justice into our own hands. Romans 12:19 clearly forbids vigilante justice.

exactly Tek. Thats God's job. They will recieve their due punishment when they stand at the gates of heaven.

Besides anything that we can do to them is nothing compared to living in Hell for eternity.

aint it the truth...

that is one of the most sad stories.... like... ever...

are you saying that because she committed suicide? or because she didn't have a personal relationship with God?

Because she didn't have a personal relationship with god. and your body resembles god, you are suppose to respect it not kill it.

[toj.cc]phantom;259973 said:
Only if your an imature kid who doesn't know that you should only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.viewpage&placement=safetytips

Well, the girl was "immature".

Technically, it would be her fault.
To "believe" a safe haven from meeting people on-line.

The fact it says she was 13 and the MySpace terms clearly say 14.

1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the MySpace Services is void where prohibited. By using the MySpace Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the MySpace Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.

However, watching Dateline's NBC, To Catch a Predator, proves stuff on-line are so downright bad.

Personally, its not your decision who should believe in God.

If the family wasn't Christians, then don't sorrow.

This proves a valuable lesson to everyone here, watch your children closely. (For those who have children)

And for the "youngsters" that do that kind of stuff on-line, tell your parents about it.

Last edited:
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.viewpage&placement=safetytips

Well, the girl was "immature".

Technically, it would be her fault.
To "believe" a safe haven from meeting people on-line.

The fact it says she was 13 and the MySpace terms clearly say 14.

However, watching Dateline's NBC, To Catch a Predator, proves stuff on-line are so downright bad.

Personally, its not your decision who should believe in God.

If the family wasn't Christians, then don't sorrow.

This proves a valuable lesson to everyone here, watch your children closely. (For those who have children)

Wow, myspace has some strict rules.

That sure is the truth.

Back