Onxyia people?

.se3ker.

Onxyia takes like 20min if everything is done right from A to Z. Now if people would give atleast couple of hours we could start attempting her. We dont' have the numbers so we'd definitely have to muster up an alliance, only for Onxyia. Ban has already suggested about him and his brother knowing a working strat and some of us already have tons of experience with her already.

A post on the Stonemaul forums about couple guilds to set up a time to start attempting Onxyia would get smaller guild's attention. Loot can be worked out once we can have the numbers and can get them at the same time.

so what do u guys think?

.seek.

Do you really think we have the gear in our guild for everyone to participate though? That is what was behind the getting gear from ZG idea I think....as the first step to the guild doing Onyxia.

I talked with Pheebe with Shadowcraft and they would love to instance with us. But alas, they are a really small guild, with a handful of 60's, a fraction of what Redeemed has. We still need more people.

I think a recruiting post on stonemaul is grand idea, especially if it hilights both the social standard of the guild (Christian) with end game participation and that we are looking for a few good people to help with Onyxia or looking to partner with a likeminded guild to run Onyxia.

As for gear, fire protection potions are more important then fire resist gear. The only time you really have to worry about fire damage is duirng stage two IF onyxia does her deep breath, which she wont do if you keep a constant DPS on her. Stage three, which I've only experienced once, seems to be a matter of repeating stage one, dealing with the new agro list wiping fear (dwarf priest for the win) and dragon whelps being popped (assigning two groups to AoEing them down). And if we can pull a few experienced people that will help a bit as well.

It can be done with UBRS and Dire Maul level gear because if you can keep her from deep breathing during phase two, you don't need FR gear. All 4 trash mobs are simple. They work just like the Baron Ghedon fight, one tank, rest ranged DPS, if you don't have ranged DPS, help heal the tank or watch the light show.

A weekly Ony attempt is a great idea. Get 35 to 40 people who will show up every week to attempt it twice a week until you get it, probably won't take more then a few weeks to get her down, and then down consistently afterwards. All teir two helms drop off her, and she drops two helms each time, also she drops miscellaneous weapons, trinkets and the like ranging from superior to epic plus she drops her head which starts a quest for a really good FR item (If I recall correctly).

For guilds that have Ony on farm status, its a 20 minute or less fight.

its doable with moderate gear...

MT will have to have fr gear....and others can have moderate fr gear. what we can't make up in gear we can make up in fr potions.

edit: hehe ban posted while i was replying...i'd also like to add that her fire breath won't occur unless ppl are bunched up together...just have to remain spread out as much as possible. Onxyia is easy if MT can keep aggro and DPS is controlled. One, if not two, dwarf priest is a must imo because of stage 3.

Last edited:
I think SamJ has close to 150FR unbuffed, maybe higher, or slightly lower. I have 146FR unbuffed, Goblit has a ton, 150FR at least.

Stage 1 (unarmed zerg) and Stage 2 (ranged zerg on Ony, while aoe is on the welps) are pretty easy, I found that at Stage 3 if the tank doesnt have fearward/FR its pretty much gg to the whole raid. As Stoop's mentioned mt will probably need FR, also has to be able to pick up agro quick and let others know when its good to attack. If 10 man could down Onyxia, so should Redeemed, I got faith in you guys.

with aura i have a whooping 80 FR. yay.

More ZG for me too, then. But first I need my epic mount...and in attempting to get it I sold all my cloth/healing gear and so my pvp, grinding, instance, and appearance gear is all the same...

I feel like I'm really, really poor, only able to afford one set of armor used for all purposes. :(

Ironic how despite my poverty I'm still decked out in a full set of gold. :p

Onyxia is still some time off ... hopefully not so far off we can't see it coming. Right now, we only have about 25 active level 60's. Kind of have a loose deal to invite another guild, but they are even smaller then us, by 20 level 60's. If everybody in our guild and everybody in theres came, that would be 30. Still shy about 10. But in the mean time there is still plenty of stuff to do.

Back