Omnotron Defense System

ben777jil

So I know that Alan expects us to remember all these fights without much of a refresher before we do them, so I'm going to create posts for each boss we are on, with videos and descriptions of what the boss or bosses do. And please feel free to post something if I missed it or you think it should be done differently. I'll try to keep it up with the strat we are using now...

Description:

This fight has 4 "Bosses" that share 1 life pool. For 10 man this pool is 32M hp, for 25 man the pool is ???. At any given point 2 of these "bosses" will be active and have to be tanked. Each boss has an energy bar which decreases at a set rate. This rate cannot be changed. The order for which they come is entirely random and cannot be determined before the raid is standing in front of them.

"Bosses" Abilities:

Arcanotron

* Pull him out of his whirlpool, but make sure he's close enough to it that melee can stand in it.
* Power Generator - A large cyan-magenta vortex on the ground. Gives whoever is standing in it a big boost to damage and mana regen. Stand in the whirlpool, but make sure the boss isn't.
* Arcane Annihilator - Short cast time, interruptable, does a lot of damage to one target. Buffed by Power Conversion.
* Power Conversion - Causes the boss to generate a stacking damage buff whenever he is struck. Don't hit him when he has this up. The damage buff is stealable, so if you like living dangerously, a mage might want to try that.

Electron

* Lightning Conductor - Puts a debuff on one target that hits all nearby raid members for big damage. If you get this debuff as a healer or dps, run away from the group. If a tank gets the debuff, pay attention and move away from the tank.
* Electrical Discharge - Moderate damage, jumps to allies. When Electron is active, stay spread out unless you're in a Power Generator.
* Unstable Shield - When struck, the boss lets out a very high damage AOE. Don't hit the boss when this is up.

Magmatron

* Incineration Security Measure - Shoots out jets of flame all over the room. Don't stand in the fire. If you are the tank, don't move or rotate the boss.
* Aquiring Target - Targets one raid member and, after a few seconds, shoots a huge jet of flame straight at them. Get out of the way, and heal the target. Feign Death, Divine Shield and Iceblock Stop Magmatron from targeting you and prevent it from happening.
* Barrier - Absorbs 300k damage and explodes to deal 75k damage to everyone. Don't attack the barrier.

Toxitron

* Poison Cloud - Causes anyone standing in it to gain a debuff that increases all damage taken by 50%, including the boss.
* Poison Protocol - Summons 3 Poison Bomb (slow moving slimes) that crawl towards a chosen target. Kill the slimes with ranged dps. If the slimes reach their target, they explode for about 100k and leave a pool of poison. Don't stand in that, and don't let a slime hit you; if you are being chased, kite it. Slimes are untauntable.
* Poison Soaked Shell - When struck, the boss puts a stacking dot on the attacker. However, the dot has a benefit; when you attack with it, you deal a huge burst of nature damage (10k per stack). Try not to get it stacked too much, though, for the healers' sake.

Strategy:

We will be using 2 tanks (Prot pally, Blood dk), 3 healers (Resto Druid, Holy Priest, Disc Priest), and 5 dps (Enh Shammy, Afl Lock, Sur Hunter, Mage, furry/arms war) for this fight while learning it.

Each boss should be tanked to the side of the room. This way the ranged dps and healers have the center of the room to play around with and move around while killing each active tron. Each Tron will place a shield on them when they hit 50% energy (the shield really goes on around 44% but dps should stop at 50%).

There will be a lighting looking beam going from the front of the room to the next tron. Each tank will have to be dealing with a tron going inactive and a tron going active at the same time.

DPS MUST switch targets at 50% as to not cause damage to the whole raid. (I could not find anywhere about dots it might just be direct damage)

*more to be added later if I can remember anything*

Videos:

love2playwow

TankSpot

Last edited:
Some additional thoughts based on our experience on Saturday:
- Whenever Arcanotron is up, we need to have interrupts on his Arcane Annihilation. This will help reduce the damage the raid takes. My interrupt is on a 5 second cooldown and causes no damage, so it probably makes sense for me to do this, I can get every other cast for sure. This includes having me interrupt him while his shield is up.
- Aside from Arcanotron's blast, Magmatron is the only time when non-tanks should be taking a lot of damage. Healers will probably want to save their big cooldowns for when he is active.
- Don't melee the slimes. It is possible to pull aggro off the person they are fixated on, and then you will be dead.
- When Arcanotron is active, everyone should try to stay close to him (as long as it's safe). This way when he drops Power Generator, the raid can jump into it quickly for maximum damage. Even after his shield goes up, the Generators can still be useful, so it is also probably useful to tank the other active Golem near Arcanotron (but not so near as to have aoe attacks hit the shield). Whenever possible pull Arcanotron just outside of the Power Generator so that melee can also receive the damage boost and still attack the boss.

oh good point Alan!!! I forgot!! The things I said use a Shammy to interupt that as their only job, switching with the tank they are with... however I don't think we can do this, because we are already only using 5 dps and to have you do nothing but watch that takes us down to 4 dps. though really only for the 1 minute he is active... we will have to think about that, or make you be careful with your cooldowns.

Magmatron will need people to be close for group heals and the person getting whatevered step away from them.

The slimes should NEVER be meleed or tanked the ranged dps NEEDS to kill them before any get to those groups then the ranged/healer group.

Back