Oh look, MechWarrior 4

the servers have been down since Friday night. Even the main website gives you the default apache server test page....

What about download mirrors?

psh... tek... mirrors are so last year... forget them.... hosting them on our own servers so we can get crashed for the next week, and get hammered when we finally open up again is so much better...

Now it works.

Mine will be finished within an hour.

I'll let you know how it is or YouTube it.

.... i think that mektekx thing is the buggiest junk game launcher I've ever stumbled across.

.... i think that mektekx thing is the buggiest junk game launcher I've ever stumbled across.
So Mechwarrior 4 is free but you have to install lousy bundled software with the game?

Well, this is annoying.

It said 1 Hour!. Its been over 2 days....:mad:

And today its not working again...

from mektek.net
*UPDATE*

We are very aware that some of you are having problems using MTX to download and install the free release of Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries. We are currently preparing a self extracting executable to install the game without using MTX.

This new release will require a new download, but should alleviate any of the issues of installing via MTX.

This new release will contain some bug fixes for Mercs, and we will prepare a patch for those of you who have been successfully installing and updating via MTX as well as executable patches to bring any version previously downloaded, up to date.

Once this new version clears our beta team, it will be made available for download in your BitTorrent client of choice. Please be patient as this may take a few days.

We will continue to work on ironing out the bugs in MTX, until then, we will provide an alternate way to acquire the game and updates through the self installing executables.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'll give it another shot with the standalone installer as I'm totally unhappy with the mtx nonsense. It doesn't even install into windows correctly (uac smacks it every time i launch it).

Though on second thought, maybe not. my AV software reported aspects of it as a trojan when I was downloading the .18 update.

Which is another gaffe, as the version available via the install option was the .17 release, but the free version without the disc-based DRM was the .19 release, and apparently MTX would only allow you to direct-path upgrade.

Cool, it works.

Had problems with compatibility but then change to SP2.

A few glitches though, like playing a tiny soldier in-game.

Back