Officer Meeting Notes 11/7/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Alright guys: During these changes we will try and maintain as much transparency as possible. I meant to post these Monday, but after the last discussion thread I thought it be wise to wait a day until I could post these and lock the thread immediately. This is not an attempt to squelch discussion or input from members of SoE, the Alliance, HsC, HOLY, or CGA. But, for the time being we are just informing of what the plans are for now. If you have any questions or concerns please PM me personally through the CGA forums and I will try and address them either in a thread or PM.

Officers in attendance:
Aleron
Abba San
Stc95
PraiseH_BlessH (Speaker of the Moon)

Notes taken by Aleron

We met for about an hour and fifteen minutes via TS and team chat in the SoE GH. We discussed several issues.

Communication.
- This is key.

- It was agreed that the Xfire forum is a "bad idea"

- We need to create an easy to use alliance forum. First choice is to use CGA. STC will communicate with Elihu and Tek7 about creating two Alliance subforums within the SoE/SOE forums. One would be the "Alliance General" forum and the other would be the "Alliance Officer's" forum. Obviously alliance officer's would then need to have an account on the CGA forums, but they would need to create an account anyway if we decided to create an outside forum.

- We need to reactivate the SoE website at toj.cc/gw. If we can show that we have an active website, it might encourage activity and new members. It hasn't been updated for two years. It also contains an easy link directly to the SoE/SOE forums without having to navigate through the maze at CGA. STC will make contact to get what we need to reactivate the website. If the password has been forgotten, we will need to gut it and start ovr.

- Alliance emails. Regular communication vai email with officers (and the entire alliance?) via newsletters and such. Stc suggested a newsletter to be sent regularly. (I remember another idea that I didn't mention in the meeting... we can set up a Yahoo group where folks only have to remember one email address and the email message will go to everyone in the group. It can be made private so only officer's can be included. I'm a member of several yahoo groups and find it very convenient. Also, the only person who has access to the individual email addresses is the group owner and any moderators. Also, the messages would be archived so we can refer back to past communication.)

Consolidation
- Aleron brought up the idea of consolidating SoE and SOE back into one guild. Abba pointed out that if activity and membership go up in response to our communication ideas, then we'd have to split again. The idea is tabled for now.

There are definitely more topics that need to be addressed, but this is what we talked about at the meeting. Currently we are scheduling a meeting sometime next week when Derk gets back from his vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back