New World! It needs YOU! And maybe a name. And a plan... plans are good too.

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
The rumors are true... we have a brand new world set up.

It could use a name, if anyone has suggestions. "The new world" is just so boring and definitely not great when discussing multiple worlds across the server history.

Key features affecting your play now:

• Vanilla, no mods. You have very few commands available to you. /help will list them. Also, don't forget that typing "gotospawn" in chat will send you back to spawn, much like /spawn does with mods. The official server (before bl's new world a couple months ago) was vanilla too. Technically this is adjustable, but I will have to do some research on options first (I've been out of the loop).
  • World size is 6000x6000 blocks, just to have some sort of limit until 1.9 comes along, at which point it will be completely open. This seems to me like more than we could possibly need, which means someone's going to complain within the week. :D (Adjustable)
  • Monsters can damage terrain (mobGriefing is on). I know there are pros and cons to this. They can mess up your work a little, yes, but it makes the monsters a threat again. If you need help protecting your property, ask one of the more seasoned players. (Adjustable).
  • Difficulty is Normal. (Adjustable) If you have a child playing, we can give them armor or magical protections. You high schoolers and up... quit yer whinin' and get used to challenges. ;) Anyone up for "Hard?"
  • PvP is off. Did anyone really duel? I figured monster-fighting friendly-fire accidents were more l likely than intentional PvP, but if I'm wrong I have no problem changing it. (Adjustable)

Special world generation features (not adjustable):

• Dungeons are more common. They aren't a big threat, realistically, so more means more chances for the loot and more personal mob grinders. Double chances, I think.
  • Diamonds are more common. This way, if you have a friend or stranger settle down the street from you, there won't be quite so much competition underground. Also less plodding for the creative types to get their good gear and start their grand designs. Again, theoretically it's about double, though there are other factors. Diamonds can be found a few more blocks higher now, too, to spread out the higher density just a tad. Below elevation 24 (instead of 16 or 18), if I remember correctly.
  • Biomes are smaller. Biome size is set to "3" instead of "4", whatever those numbers mean. I wanted to nudge this down so you don't have to hike for days to find your favorite scene to settle in. This should make those biome-specific resources a little more local too.

I based this on posts in the forums from the calendar year, thoughts from previous servers, my biases, and spontaneity. I know it won't make everyone happy (impossible) but it seemed a good starting point. We can certainly discuss any of it further and adjust if decided.

The usual applies: just find somewhere that looks unoccupied and start building. Stake out your area if you want (torches work well).

We can make a warp wall again if/when we get spread out a ways. If we want to build little communities, we could make on-command warps like "gotoboondocks" or "gotoparadise" to make it even easier to tour our server. Maybe some of the more role-playing folks will band together and make some interesting and diverse countries? If you have an idea for a community, start a thread, get some volunteers, and start having fun making it!

Spawn is very boring at the moment. Ideas are welcome. I took a spontaneous "throw something down" approach right now, and certainly isn't beautiful. If you want to build something nice (or redo it nicer), let me know. Markets have been popular, as well as farms (golem grinder, etc). On that note, if someone wants to build the grinder, I'll throw the villagers in to their cells when it's ready to rock.

I'm excited, and I look forward to seeing you in the new world! Discuss your ideas, your finds, etc. here. Remember to use coordinates (push F3, and get the X, Z, and Y numbers) so we can find what you're talking about if it isn't obvious.

Last edited:
Yay, more dungeons! NO ONE DESTROY ANY SPAWNERS!

... so we can move them all into TDW's house when he gets back. There will be such a sea of mobs inside, he'll break three swords before he even gets through the door.

Last edited:
moohahahahahahaha

I C Wut U Did Thar

He is looking inside Lost Shepard's head

Last edited:

TDW's pict is a screenshot of the inside of your head.:cool::cool::cool:

Question for ya Josh/LS:
BL had a webpage that showed the map we could view via our browser, I was wondering if we could get something like that here. IDK how it was done, you'd have to ask him.

Last edited:
TDW's pict is a screenshot of the inside of your head.:cool::cool::cool:

(I know. I was playing along. ;D )

Question for ya Josh/LS:
BL had a webpage that showed the map we could view via our browser, I was wondering if we could get something like that here. IDK how it was done, you'd have to ask him.

We used to use Dynmap, which worked well, but that was for Bukkit. I see they have some other versions. I don't know what bl was using. I'll see what I can find. Maps are nice. :)

The Begining of my grand compund has been laid. I also have a very large farm area starting to get set up. I will post up location so anyone can come get food. If you come by and get food from the farm, just replant what you take.

I renovated!

I removed the lava from my door way. I just felt it did not fit with the theme of my area. I think it looks much better now.

I also removed the dirt "bridge" going across the water to my area and replaced it with a nice stone bridge! Check it out!

Watch the tut and at 1:30-2:30 he explains
[video=youtube;rSyywWRGkTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSyywWRGkTw[/video]

First i would like to give some major props to Cow for the wood farm it is fantastic. And for posting the tut on it.

I how ever have some good news and some bad news.

First the bad. I broke it. PLain and simple. I was clearing some of the branches out of the machine and my sword hit one of hte repeaters. In my defense those repeaters are awfully exposed.

The good news. I fixed it. It works now just fine. There was structure damage to the pretty shell you are putting around it and I do not have any glass at this moment. I will get some and try to fix it.

I could build a few if needed/wanted. But all you have to do to change the tree is....... change the "pusher" blocks to what you are making and use proper saplings. The pushers are the stack of six tree blocks closest to the pistons.

Looks like someone harvested the "pusher" blocks, try not to do that please(unless you are making different wood) :p it breaks it.
67a293d0c9d6f09145817af3c86e6618.png

Last edited:
Was there a map for your server? I am having a hard time telling where to go to setup shop.

I think we all have paths going to our places, so it should be pretty easy to find unpopulated areas. West is totally unclaimed. East has DCHS down the path and Mitch a ways past him, way out there. CowRocket's got the house visible northwest of spawn, LordMidget to the northeast, and my castle to the south. Oh, and then there's TDW who picked out a corner of the map but can't play this summer.

So pick a direction, jot down spawn's coordinates should you want to zig-zag or circle it (remember "gotospawn" to get back quickly), and feel free to roam.

Back