New To UT

Glitch

Hey i just picked up Unreal Anthology...

i'm not really good... like.... at all, but i do enjoy playing with some CGA guys. I currently have Unreal, UT, Unreal 2, and UT04... so... yeah, my question is... when do you guys play... may i join? and... yeah... that is about it...

Tell me when we can game togeather. again... i'm not really good... at all... i've played UT before... yet that is way back when i was active in LAN parties... but then again, i'm still not that good, so despite playing togeather... i do need to learn some. just tell me when you guys play and i will try and make it.

Hey Glitch, welcome!! Right now we're a small but close group of UT players doing mostly UT2004 sessions while waiting for UT3 to drop. (hopefully this fall) No worries about "not being good", we have all kinds here from terrible (bad) to terrifying to behold. (mad sick skillz)

We sometimes schedule nights to get together and play, but everybody's schedules are always hard to pin down. The best thing to do is get XFire (www.xfire.com), an instant messenger for gamers, add as friends and watch for us when we play.

My user name is "Shagz"; I'm not on regularily, when I am on, that usually means I'm up for a match or two. :) Lately I've gotten into the Freon game type in the Team Arena Master mod (Download it here: http://www.3spn.net/) and playing on the MXC server (ut2004://208.167.225.218:7777).

However, to get you started, might be better to find an empty DM server and just toodle around, showing you the ropes, some of the trick jumps in popular maps, timing power ups, etc. Kraniac/Landslide has also consolidated some great tips on the game in this sticky thread.

Hmmm...I think that's it for now. Again, welcome! Glad to have you on board!

Cheers,
Stephen Scholtz (aka Shagz)

thanks. i do have a Xfire myself... you can add me my user name on it is as follows:

pgglifch

and my Nickname is just [toj.cc] Glitch

so which ever one you need... it is there.

add me if you play so i can keep an eye out for you guys gaming and join the server your on.

If precision is not your thing, try loading up a game of Onslaught (a UT2004 gametype featuring vehicle combat and team-based objectives) and running people over with vehicles. There are few things more satisfying in all of online gaming than hearing that sweetest of sounds:

PANCAKE!

Man, I've been busy this week. Sorry for being so late about it, but big welcomes, Glitch. My UT install is broken right now (long story) but I'd love to play some games with you this weekend or something. I'll watch for you on Xfire. Add *:LOB:* to your buddy list since I don't normally have enough room to wear the TOJ tag. My usual name is L&slide::LOB:: but I change the spelling of my name frequently enough that you'll probably be better off just adding the :LOB: tag. The other guys on the team have some rough edges but they're all very nice people who will gladly help you out if you ever need anything, so don't hesitate to introduce yourself to them.

See you online!

kk. i will try and make plenty of time to play... yet i must warn you guys... it might only be on weekends when i can play frequently... i will be busy during mosts weeks.

Back