Needing new chair... recommendations?

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
Hey All...

Sooooo recently I quit my job to work full time from home...........................................................

THUS! my awesome and comfortable yet pad disintegrating, fake leather peeling, extreme leaning, ergonomic breaking, 12 year old chair has become very uncomfortable and not awesome for periods of 6-12 hours......

recommendations? I was thinking of going the exercise ball route, but I'm trying to borrow one before buying, but somehow it still feels........weird..... dunno..... thoughts?

You need a new chair? Bah, forget the ball... and I noticed you didn't list a budget. I had fun with this.
Massaging action:
luxury%20massage%20chair.jpg

No explanation needed:
emperor2.jpg

I looked up starship captain/command chairs too, but (especially in Star Trek) it turns out they don't look all that comfy. I guess captains weren't supposed to snooze on the bridge.

Wow, $50K for a chair seems a little excessive, but I guess there are people out there who would buy it, since they have them for sale..

What is your budget, BTW? There are a lot of good chairs out there in the couple hundred dollar range..

I was thinking of going the exercise ball route, but I'm trying to borrow one before buying, but somehow it still feels........weird..... dunno..... thoughts?
Everyone I've known who has used the ball has not used it all day. They generally use it for an hour or two before switching back to a regular chair. Definitely try before you buy.

Office Max or Staples, they have a wide variety in price and comfort. The best part is you can at least try before you buy. I would be wary of anything labeled "ergonomic", that can mean anything depending on company and what they are trying to sell you.http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/493885/Brenton-Studio-Ariel-Low-Back-Task/#reviewTab
I think this is the one I use about 5-6 hrs a day, sometimes 2 hrs at a shot. A little thin in the seat padding, but doable. The arms are just the right height to match my keyboard height. Been using it about 3-4 years now. If you are over 250 lbs forget it, that is it's weight limit.

edit: Office Depot and Office Max are the same.

No explanation needed:
emperor2.jpg
Oh wow. If I won the lottery...well, I don't play the lottery, so I'd never win.

But if I received a sizable inheritance from a wealthy relative...I still wouldn't buy it. I'd pay off my and my wife's student loans instead.

Regardless of what I would do with imaginary money, that is a ridiculous chair and I'd love to play in it for a few hours. :)

Office Max or Staples, they have a wide variety in price and comfort. The best part is you can at least try before you buy. I would be wary of anything labeled "ergonomic", that can mean anything depending on company and what they are trying to sell you.
The man speaks truth. "Ergonomic" means just about as "organic" or "premium" now. The words are so overused that they've lost their meaning.

EDIT: I have a cheap imitation of an Aeron chair at work and I like it. I've had to spend way too much time in it lately staring at spreadsheets. I think my brain is turning to mush. But that's off-topic.

This article is marginally more relevant: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/..._s_office_staple_was_originally_designed.html

Last edited:
Office Max or Staples, they have a wide variety in price and comfort. The best part is you can at least try before you buy. I would be wary of anything labeled "ergonomic", that can mean anything depending on company and what they are trying to sell you.http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/493885/Brenton-Studio-Ariel-Low-Back-Task/#reviewTab
I think this is the one I use about 5-6 hrs a day, sometimes 2 hrs at a shot. A little thin in the seat padding, but doable. The arms are just the right height to match my keyboard height. Been using it about 3-4 years now. If you are over 250 lbs forget it, that is it's weight limit.

edit: Office Depot and Office Max are the same.
Thats amazing! I purchased about 20 of these for my old department and I cant stand them but my faculty loved them XD

This is what I was using at my old work:
wooden-office-chair-home-design-ideas-wooden-office-chair.jpg

I love them but not healthy long term <3

My current one is a:
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Elkerton-Bonded-Leather-Managers-Chair-Brown/product_1058248

But fake leather and flatter design...................

So after falling off of the balance ball a couple times I've realized its not tall enough for my desk and I'm not sure I lkike it....... now im trying to figure out if I can redo the padding on my chair in hopes of salvaging it because I really like it T____T

Chair cushion like we have on dining room chairs? I have that on my old computer chair. It's a good temporary measure, anyway.

Or, see how much air you can put in that ball. Does it have a max PSI? Maybe you can get a few more inches of diameter. :)

Or, see how much air you can put in that ball. Does it have a max PSI? Maybe you can get a few more inches of diameter. :)
Just don't make it explode.

Or have a video camera running if you do and post the video to YouTube and share the link.

teenagefurniture.jpg

I feel like this would be a champ!

or something like this:
18r7q1ohnp3j0jpg.jpg

Mmmm...... i also struggle to stay above 140lbs so padding isnt always everything for me ;)

i love the ad on this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Func..._77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9
-----------
Advantages of China best functional office swivel chair:

• 2015 newest design office chair.
  • Not only an office chair, but also can be a comfortable bed, very good for officer.
  • 170 Degree for you to lay down for relax.
  • This model sofa is our newest design sofa, we have the copyright of this model!
---------------

leaning towards this guy though
http://www.amazon.com/Merax-Ergonom...7037211&sr=8-7&keywords=recliner+swivel+chair

yeah that is why Im hesitating.....

some people are saying that the screws are bent when it arrives, sometimes the leg piece falls off (cant tell if user error...), and 1 person said the fake leather pealed and flaked instantly........

Im waiting about month to see if reviews improve......

Im waiting about month to see if reviews improve......

In the meantime:
41lZ4q%2BK9dL.jpg

(air pump suggested, it may take a while to blow up by mouth)

Edit: Oh, that even combines your two ideas -- office chair and exercise ball!

Back