Need Prayer

TheRaven

Guys,

I'm really really scared about this weekend. There's a nasty hurricane that's due to make a direct strike in my area. They're already saying this could be the worst storm for our area in our lifetime.

My house isn't in the best of shape now and we have a lot of trees in our yard that can fall. Currently it's just me and my mom here and she's disabled. Even if we wanted to evacuate there is no place to go. My mom cannot move on her own and requires medical transport to leave the house.

I'm terrified that a tree or something will damage the house and we'll be stuck here by ourselves. I'm not very handy and I don't know how to do most stuff that needs to be done in preparations for hurricanes like boarding up windows and I really wouldn't know what to do if something does happen. It's very scary and right now there is no one here that can help.

Raven you have been, and continue to be on my prayer list since I heard about the hurricane heading your way.

Will definitely be adding you (and anyone else in harms path) to my prayers tonight.

Take refuge in the strength and comfort of the Lord.

In my prayers - along with my family in the area.

If you really needed someone and have no one, let me know. I have family within an hour drive (Gloucester). They are Christians and help a lot of people they don't know - and have a cottage separate from the house.

Last edited:
Well, that wasn't nearly as bad as i feared. As far as hurricanes go, this one was easy. We never lost power for longer than 5 minutes at a time and no trees are down. LOL, we typically lose 4 or 5 trees per hurricane and we kinda expect no power for a month.

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm sure they helped A LOT!!! Now pray for Abba's family that's over here in Va. I heard they had to evacuate to escape the flood waters.

Abba update us, couldn't get a response from you when you were online last night.

Everyone is okay. Everyone still without power Monday morning - even in the Baltimore area. My parents in Virginia lost part of their pier - part of their yard - and some siding on their house. I haven't heard from my other sister in Gloucester - I know they had flooding and trees down.

But everyone walked away from it - so we are praising the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

Back