Need instructions on order of power cables of PC!

Corpfox

15 mins ago, DVD-ROM died on me due to power shortage during in-game of Starcraft.
10 mins ago, Hard Drive died on me due to power shortage during rebooting.
5 mins ago, CPU crashed on me for unknown reason during 2nd attempt to post this thread.

Current order of power cables on my PC!

PSU -> DVD-ROM -> Video Card -> Hard Drive -> Front Fan
PSU -> Back Fan -> Video Card -> Side Fan

I have 2 cables directly from my PSU.
1 is using directly to the DVD-ROM, the other 1 using directly from Back Fan.
I also have 2 cables from my video card, I don't know why I have 2, am I suppose to use both of them?

And what is the best or prefered way to set up using the orders of the power cables from a PC or the Power Supply Unit!?

yes..you need ot use both power connectors on that video card. The order is not important at the moment...it seems you ar short on power..get a bigger power supply most likely? What are you system stats?

yes..you need ot use both power connectors on that video card. The order is not important at the moment...it seems you ar short on power..get a bigger power supply most likely? What are you system stats?

I'm sure I have enough power supply since I removed my AGP card to a new PCI-E card.

Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130056

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amps.)

PSU: 450 Watt Non-Generic

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 1 (3790.srv03_sp1_gdr.060315-1609)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: 939M2
System Model: 939Dual-SATA2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 404MB used, 7513MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.3790.1830 32bit Unicode
Drive: C:
Free Space: 218.8 GB
Total Space: 305.2 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST332062 0AS SCSI Disk Device
Drive: D:
Model: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7900 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0292&SUBSYS_C6243842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP vs17 LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9371 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

pci-e cards draw more power than agp ones do. What brand psu is it?

you need to find a psu with dual 12volt rails of at least 500 watts. Make sure it is sli certified as well. Your psu is not able to handle the intense 12v loads you are putting on it.

some companies power supplies are really weak and will have issues meeting their peak rating. When you start sucking power out of it the capacitors will slowly deplete and then computer will crash as the voltage drops. Some power supplies will even go erratic and you can see the voltage spike up and it will start damaging components.

The power supply is the most important part of a PC, don't nerf yourself.

the foxtron is your best bet...it has the highest amperages across all of it's 12v rails. put drives on one, vid card on another.

Now, it there anything else I'm missing or required?

Sound Card? - I don't need it. I don't like or have seperate speakers.
Disk Drive? - I really don't need it. Now-a-days, people can use USB flash cards; iPods, etc.
Another Hard Drive? - I have 320GB and it is currently 219GB, no need, even if there are 3 empty slots.
Upgrading CPU? No thanks.
Another CD/DVD/Writer? - No need, even if there are 3 empty slots.
An AM2CPU Board? Too overboard; Socketed from 939 to AM2; 2000Mhz Front Bus, 8GB DDR2.

Learn how to route cables, You can only really see the cables in my case that are connected to components. The most visible are my IDE cables, which are a pain to hide but they are folded so they are virtually against the drive.

Back