Need Help with MoH: Breakthrough

SSquared

Hi. Does someone have any hints for me on the part where you are on the 2nd floor of a house, there are grenade launchers, and there are tanks rolling in to the village? You need to stop these tanks, but I am finding it extremely difficult. I am playing on hard difficulty, so the strategy may perhaps be a bit different than for medium.

Anyway, I can get 3 of the tanks, but I have to use a mixture of the grenade launcher and the bazooka. Problem is, I run out of bazooka ammo and once the tanks reach a certain spot, the grenade launchers seem useless.

Any hints will be very helpful. Thanks.

I dont own breakthrough but would like to know if it takes longer and is more fun then spearhead...because spearhead took me very little time and didnt have a lot of fun levels in my opinion. so i was wondering if i should just wait till MOHPA comes out?

Cave Troll

Hmmm, very strange.  I thought I had replied to my own question saying I had figured out the part I was stuck on.  Oh well...

Breatkthrough is great.  I haven't yet played Spearhead, but I finally bought it last week.  Never bought it because I had heard how short it was.  I'm quite sure Breakthrough is MUCH longer than Spearhead.  Probably not $30 worth, but I got Breakthrough for something like $18 on sale.

The game has 6 main missions, with sub-missions contained in each main one.  Just like how Allied Assault worked.  I think I'm currently on the 9th or 10th one and they average me between 20-40 minutes to complete a sub-mission, so that averages to 30 minutes a sub-mission.  Now, I don't play games all the time, so I think I'm working on my 2nd or 3rd week of playing.  So for me, the game is taking me awhile.

Breakthrough has you doing missions where you find plans, sabotage a boat...basically similar stuff to Allied Assault.  What's nice are the new locations you get to visit.  The maps look very nice.  And the opening scene of the game is a dust storm in Africa and it's extremely difficult to see through it.

You get a bunch of new weapons.  You get to control anti-aircraft artillery.  You get to ride in another tank.

The game is much harder than Allied Assault.  I thought maybe it was because I was playing on Hard, but the problem is, there is very little health and ammo on the levels.  A friend playing on medium said the same thing.  That has actually made the game a bit more strategic since you really need to conserve your ammo and use the correct weapon for the right situation.  I have even run out of ammo and had to start using the end of my gun to whack people.  And twice, I've ended a sub-mission with less than 10 health left.

Anyway, I am quite enjoying it.  I am getting several hours of gameplay out of it.

Oh, instead of waiting for Pacific Assault, you may want to look at getting 'Call of Duty'.  It's very similar to MoH and comes out next week.

Medal of honor ROX! call of duty looks good, but has lots of blood which MOH didn't and i think that no blood in a game is cool

remember blood is part of war, and there is an option in cod that can turn the blood off. blood in a game does not bother me, but i do not support any game that goes overboard on it like Blood Rayne did.

Back