need help on ts

TheRaven

We need some help on ts. There are troublemakers on the server kicking everyone that tries to connect. I don't think there are any GW players that are admins anymore.

It is not letting me connect so I can even take a look.

Do you know who it is causing the problem?

Ah - destructor

Last edited:
we're kicked as soon as we connnect

Oh well, I'm calling it a night. Hopefully the kiddies will get bored of this game by tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
The security hole the trolls were exploiting has been patched and the TeamSpeak Server is back online. Read more about the adventure here.

If anyone's interested in joining CGA staff as our TeamSpeak Server Operator, you'd be in the fine company of other faithful SoE/SOE members. There may indeed be a conspiracy to fill CGA staff positions with ToJ Guild Wars Chapter members, but as long as the work gets done and done well, you all are welcome to continue the conspiracy. :D

Thanks for the quick response, Tek. Unfortunately it seems that the trolls like to target Christian servers.

I wish I were qualified for the open position. However I think I'd end up doing more harm than good messing around in Linux

That is how I feel, as well, Raven. I'd do it, but I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and administer the system. I could monitor, but that is about it.

I managed to get on one time - long enough to briefly chastise the person who kicked me. Unfortunately, shame didn't work. Go figure...

Thanks for the quick response, Tek. Unfortunately it seems that the trolls like to target Christian servers.
Most definitely. Haters gonna hate and trolls gonna troll. We shouldn't be surprised when sinners sin. That's why security has always been a foremost concern for Tribe of Judah and the Christian Gamers Alliance.

Unfortunately, I'm currently the de facto TeamSpeak Server Operator because the staff position is still vacant and I can't invest the time to study the unintuitive design of the TS3 backend in top of everything else I do. When services can't be maintained or secured, they get shut down--like they did for an hour or two last night while we (DannyMeister) and I worked on the issue.

I prefer being proactive to reactive--especially when it comes to security--but you make do with what you have, which can be frustrating when your organization is understaffed.

Is there any reason SoE doesn't use Ventrilo?
Just seems that if we are paying for something, we should all use it.
Every time I log in, it is never close to the cap.

Back