Need Assistance from Team toj

Blackbeard

Hey guys, WOW it has been a while but things have been really hectic for me for the last few months,
I have a question that I cannot figure out and it is stopping me from playin UT 3: I run Windows 7 32bit, all drivers are up to date but UT 3 will not launch, it Starts then fails to Respond every try, I have cleaned the cache, Installed to a different drive, reinstalled numerous times, according to my Internet research many are having the same problem, it either works or does not, but I want to play again too bad to give up, Send some advice/suggestions my way Thanks:D

I haven't heard of this particular problem before, but I'm running 64-bit Windows. If you'll post your game log after your crash, there might be something I spot in there that could help. My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log

Unfortunately it seems that the game is hanging without outputting anything to the log. Do you get to the point where you see the intro videos? I've heard of people freezing or crashing on them. Check out section IV of this guide for which config lines to disable:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697

There are a few other suggestions for config settings and stuff to try in the troubleshooting section of that same thread.

Unfortunately it seems that the game is hanging without outputting anything to the log. Do you get to the point where you see the intro videos? I've heard of people freezing or crashing on them. Check out section IV of this guide for which config lines to disable:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697

There are a few other suggestions for config settings and stuff to try in the troubleshooting section of that same thread.

I will read this, as soon as it finishes DL'ing from Steam again, I never reinstalled after updating to Windows 7, probably a mistake but hopefully I can get it too work, but you are correct it is not getting past the initial UT3 Black picture, will update as soon as it downloads, Thanks Danny :D

Did you get it to work yet? Make sure to add me on steam....

by reading above, No :( and I added you under Mostly Harmless, I hope that is correct :)

The main reason you all have not seen me around in SOooo long is that when I moved almost 2 years ago is my ISP dropped in Speed and it makes playing in Germany difficult, but if I get UT 3 up and running I will be around, probably cannon fodder but I miss the action with you all, plus where I am a Senior Staff at Combat Testing I am expected to be present at All Tests, and we have been VERY BUSY lately, Cya all real soon again God Bless

Our friend Bubba from Nox told me this....

When he reinstalls he needs to make sure to delete the Unreal TYournament folder in his my documents folder before he does otherwise it is just reloading the same corrupted ini files everytime. one of our members went thru this last month
delete the folder then reinstall and all should be fine just thought i would pass it on:)

Any tips is much appreciated, not everyone checks for leftover files after deletion but it is a standard practice for me since I Beta Test, always one or three files left in the folders:p

A Update for everyone, Hoorah!!! UT 3 is working again:cool:, I downloaded the client thru Steam, it still crashed so I Tweaked the .ini Files using the site that DannyMeister gave me:D, I believe it had something to do with the sound, I am restoring the settings to Original state and everything is a Go, so I hope to Frag a few of you very soon, the current Beta has me tied up but I take breaks to relax, Thanks again;)

Unfortunately there is no Game sound, only sound is when the game first loads in with all the Logo screens, still tweaking and am hoping to get the sound in game working at least, I would be satisfied with MP sound, but no luck so far:)

Unfortunately there is no Game sound, only sound is when the game first loads in with all the Logo screens, still tweaking and am hoping to get the sound in game working at least, I would be satisfied with MP sound, but no luck so far:)

Perhaps your German computer doesn't speak English :p.

Hi BB.

Perhaps your German computer doesn't speak English :p.

Hi BB.

LOL:p No Mine is Special, it is Multi-lingual:rolleyes:. I found out the problem, was my onboard Soundcard, I did not use it for Vista because it was not compatable and forgot to install it when I changed to Win 7, so now I am a Happy Pirate:)

Again I appreciate everyones help solving this Issue:D

I hope to see you all soon on the server :cool:

This is an Unreal Monday! Unfortunately that will be in the wee hours of the morning for you.

blackbeard, You may not know, but everyone on toj is welcome to message me on steam and I will drop everything I'm doing (As long as you let me finish a current game I'm in) and play ut 3 with you. I am a duel fanatic.

I appreciate the offer, as I found out last night I am rusty and woill be cannon fodder for a while, ROFL, Later all;)

Back