Naxx 25 - It's Time

LOL...I figured I'd use myself as an example. The point is that NOONE is getting kicked out of the guild..not even Wend :)

And Rhys..I don't know if you need to recover..what does Cassie think :p``

Our plan for Monday 6 April is to start in the Plague Wing with Patchwork. He is a raid dps / gear check. We'll see how well we do. We beat him and we can continue on in the Construct Wing.

If he doesn't go so well we'll try the Plague and or Spider wings. You can check out the Naxxramas encounters here. Make sure you are looking at the 25 man version of the encounters. If you like seeing fight videos the ones at Tankspot.com are particularly good.

Hopefully we'll get through a wing and get a chance at some armor tokens, I know we'll have fun trying so see you then: Monday 6 April 0630 server to start invites first pull at 7pm server...

OK, someone (everyone?) needs to go back and see the You-tube link Danny posted on page 4 or 5 I think. I have seen it before, as they have been friends for a long time, and I appreciate the singing in that video as well. I think you will find someone very special in that video.....

Just to weigh in on the "not a raiding guild" question.

I think Rob is right, to a certain extent... it seems we doth protest too much.

That is not to say that we are a raiding guild, or that we need to become a raiding guild, but I think that to a certain extent we have become defined by our "not a raiding guild" status.

Now, back in WoW Classic there were only two kinds of guilds: "raiding guilds" and "not a raiding guilds." But this is Wrath of the Lich King.

From time to time, TF has struggled with its identity. We began, I think, perhaps, although I can't speak for the leadership at the time, as an "evangelism guild." Or maybe I just saw it that way. But we really didn't do evangelism because we respected Blizzard's statements forbidding it. So then we became a "safe haven" guild or a "guild that was really fun for Christians to be in."

Then we went through some phases where we grew up, and that brought another identity crisis. Were we a "leveling guild?" or a "PvP guild?" or how about a "Raiding guild?"

Really, we were none of these things. We had a handful of hardcore PvP players (see: Adam -- with his 3 top toons feared in every battleground, he was a handful himself,) but we weren't a PvP guild. We had toons leveling up but we weren't a leveling guild.

And we had a LOT of raiders. At one point in time, roughly 80% of our level-capped players were raiders. But we said "we are not a raiding guild."

And we had to say it again and again. And people didn't always listen or believe us. So it became a kind of mantra. "Not a raiding guild" "not a raiding guild" ad infinitum.

Now, the problem with "Not a raiding guild" is that it doesn't solve the identity crisis. It doesn't define what our identity is. It defines what it's not. Which doesn't work out so well.

So now it's April 2009, over four years since we started. It's about time we figured out what our identity is.

And so, here's my opinion:

The Forgiven is a "Fellowship guild."
It's a guild where players can come together, can support each other, can have real friendships, can be real Christians without feeling bad about it, can ask for prayers, can celebrate each others' victories (and pregnancies,) can feel accepted, can discuss their problems without feeling judged, can get a team together that understands that wives, husbands, kids, and meals come before badges and epics and gold, where people can experiment on new ways of playing without the spec police attacking them, and where we can all attempt to show each other the love of Jesus Christ.

Now, I'll be honest, that's the ideal and for some players, our guild really sucks at this. I will be the first to acknowledge my contributions to not reaching the ideal.. but I think that this is what we are shooting for.

Can you still raid? Absolutely. I love to raid.
Can you still PvP? Sure! but don't expect me to ;)
Can you still enjoy leveling? Yes. Although I personally think that aspect needs work.

None of those are our focus, but I also agree with Rob that "not a raiding guild" should not be our focus. Being the best fellowship a person can have online should be our focus, in my opinion.

Now, I'd like to hear from the other officers and players on this matter, seeing as I wrote this thing all by myself. :)

For the most part I think what you have said has already been said in this thread (Over-all) But I'll add this:

I think Rob is right, to a certain extent... it seems we doth protest too much.

Since I've been in the guild I've not heard the "Not a raiding guild" all that much, Just at certain times when ppl were becoming to attached to the game or acting out or seeminly acting out in a "raiding" guild attitude. It's been said to remind ppl.

And so, here's my opinion:

The Forgiven is a "Fellowship guild."

As for our identity, since i've been inviting ppl in, I always tell them what we are not, why we are not and what we are. I just assumed everyone else was doing it also and that those in the guild already know what we are. That's why they are here. Again I've only noticed the "Not a raiding guild reminder" when it's been needed followed up at times with what we are.

Last edited:
Back