Natural selection (aliens the movie come to life!

sealcomm

Hey people

if you like half life mods like I do, then NS (natural selection is for you)

You play as either an alien or a marine.

The game is played like starcraft from a first person view. THere are resource points that you need to upgrade. (and if you are an alien, evolve into something nastier[from the marines point of view])

The commander of the marines, has a third person view of the map and directs the marines he's leading to where they need to go, dropping things that need to be built and dropping equipment like ammo and health, if the resources permit.

Your team wins when there are no enemy bases left to respawn at, and no enemy left to build a new one........

VVVEEERRRRRYYY CCCCCOOOOOLLLLL

so if you haven't found it yet, drop everything, and get into NS

later ya'll

sealcomm

My bro showed it to me, it looks pretty cool. I never got a chance to play it, though
sad.gif

Is this about the time someone starts a poll asking who wants to form a Natural Selection sub-chapter? *chuckle*

It has been asked to me several times actually. I couldnt get the dumb thing to work properly..

I might retry it in the next version when they decide to put a proper front end on it instead of having to fiddle through CS to crawl into it.

it works fine for me (I run through CS retail)

though of course I usually join a server through Half-Life manager.

on a sidenote TD does have a NS server as well as Jett (non-Christian but they don't allow cursing)

Oh ok, I posted about this in the genaral board not knowing you guys already had a post about it here, ya, I'v played and I have to say that the game is awsome, I think it would be awsome if ToJ made it a new chapter...

I found the game pretty interesting as well, still can't quite figure out what to do with the marines... but yep its kewl :p

This is truly the best mod i have played. Not only is it objective based ( not a mindless shoot them up) but you build things and strategically have to take and hold ground to win.

As marined you have to take the enemy hive positions before they do so they can't upgrade, and hold them. While capping resource points for equipment.

The aliens on the other hand just need to get one more hive than what they start with to tip the scales in their favour, and make it a rough ride for the marines to win.

THe commander of the marines has a head up display instead of a first person,and directs the men and things that need to be built. Marines is a team only side, any lone rangers can lost it for the team.

Aliens is all about your personal score. Sneak around and take out them marines.

I love it and can't get enough....

if you haven't played it, i seriously recommend giving it a go.

cheers people.

sealcomm

Oh yea,

if you have it on your computer and you want to have a run around building things as comm by yourself, to try and figure things out a little, (THE best way is to play online and watch what the experience comms do- there's many different styles, use turret factories or phase gates to maintain strategic points)

go into console and type sv_cheats 1

this enables the game to start without an opponent. So you can go in as a marine or alien and build things etc, press f4 to change teams and go back in and try to take it all out.

Be cool and get into it

I hope that cheat is right, it's from memory. ( a few of us ToJ-ers here in Darwin did a lan practicing as marines, then went back in as aliens to take em out.hehe)

sealcomm

I play on Redphive 1.04 and the Fists of Ra server.

I have no comm skills but, I did kill an onos with a knife
cool.gif

Back