National Day of Prayer

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
The first Thursday in May is designated National Day of Prayer. Since we had a bit of resistance in getting people to commit to a block of time to pray in November so that we could get a whole 24 hour period covered, I thought I would try a different approach for this day.

Instead of asking for anyone to pray for a specific time, I am asking everyone to commit to solidly pray for at least 15 minutes sometime during this day. Sit down and take a minute to really take to and with God and listen to see just what He may respond back to you.

I would encourage each of you to commit to this. Also I would like for you to not just pray selfishly but also for others, our country, and the world. Please do not forget to say "Thank You" to God for all that He has given to you during the day, week, month or year.

I am asking that you would post a commitment to this thread saying that you will take a bit of time on this day to pray. I would also like to hear any things you may want to share about your experience in really taking this time out just for you and God to talk. You can post those here as well or just email them to me if you would rather keep them more to yourself.

Blessings,"Angel"

I believe it is also the international day of prayer..or is that on a different day. I will look into it. I'm concur with Bowsers statement.

time sheet? and im willing to do a full hour

Smiles Atown, We're not gonna do it that way this time. Instead just the commitment that you are going to pray tomorrow is all that is asked. Blessings,"Angel"

Back