My Twitch.TV Stream

Kendrik

Staff member
So, while I'm not a very good player yet, I've started streaming a lot of my play. Sometimes with commentary. Sometimes without.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone were interested.

Twitch.TV/KendrikTheRed

I stream other games, too, but SC2 is my main focus for streaming.

Nice man! That takes courage to put yourself out there. Great way to get feedback as well.

In the absence of anything constructive to say...
"/me sings "and I would do anything for love!" 51:08
te he
/me quickly skitters away :p

So. Uhm. Been slacking on my streaming lately, but I've decided that it's something I should take more seriously. As such, I've put together a weekly schedule. It's still rough, but it'll help me be more consistent in my streaming as well as working on my competitive skills... while still leaving room for my gaming ADD.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested. Will be starting things off today with MOBA Monday. :)

What application(s) do you recommend for broadcasting to a Twitch.tv channel? Now that I have a beefy gaming rig again, I'd like to try my hand at broadcasting gameplay.

Open broadcaster for sure
I use Open Broadcaster Software and nothing else. It's great. I can even stream to local disc for similar functionality to FRAPS... but for free. I also notice next to no resource loss when using OBS. Recommended to the maaaaaax.

Side note: I downscale from 1080p to 720p on my stream. Not sure my compy/network would love me trying to stream full 1080p, but even with soft-downscaling in effect, it works great and looks pretty solid. :D

Regarding my stream, constant life-affecting things with my not-quite-immediate family has done nothing to help me keep on top of regular streaming. Hoping to get back on top of things sooner than later (though perhaps not with my previously written schedule). Yay streaming!

Found this guide for setting up OBS to stream to Twitch.tv. Probably won't get a chance to set it up before tonight's TF2sday event starts, but I'm hoping to play around with OBS soon.

I've used Xsplit for a while but my membership ended so I moved over to OBS. Man it is awesome! Works pretty much the same way.

I stream occasionally, but not consistently. I'm going to try to stream a little more regularly.

Don't mean to threadjack...

www.twitch.tv/rinkor16

Cool. Followed!

Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my stream. I want to stream, but my computer is in my family's front room, so recording mic audio is problematic. Chaos can break out at any moment. Hmm.

Cool. Followed!

Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my stream. I want to stream, but my computer is in my family's front room, so recording mic audio is problematic. Chaos can break out at any moment. Hmm.

I'd get rid of the family.

Back