Must ... get ... up ... tower!!!

Koeril

>_<

Got about halfway last night while hanging out with Giga, Ryan, and Raven ... I will conquer it!!

I applaud all of you who have made it up!

Just have to jump with confidence, man. If you hesitate on the jumps, slow down, or jump before edge it becomes very difficult. Line yourself up with the next spot, and treat each jump as a leap of faith. :)

You can do eeeeeet!

After 20 or so tries, I don't think I'm getting any further. I'll probably give it another try tonight, but I'm loosing confidence that I'll ever get it.

When Ryan told me it is all just memorization, I scoffed, but it really is simply that. You just memorize the route step by step and fall consistently until you eventually make it up. I took out a speed boost from the bank and after I used it, it took me only about an hour. I find that the hardest part for me isn't necessarily the jumping, it's how stinkin' fast you need to do it.

For those that are having issues, the #1 thing I see that causes people to fall is simply not jumping far enough. Every one of these jumps can be made with plenty of room to spare, so if you have this happen you probably jumped from pretty far back. To correct this, run on the platform until it's uncomfortable, as if you're going to run right off it. Also, moving the camera overhead can help you see the edge of the platform better.

A few other things:
  • There's a few places where the ground is uneven, like some of the cogs that are crooked. Try to run on the higher side and jump from there.
  • Are you small? Get in a party with a friend (or random) and have them target you. That gives you a red bulls-eye over your toon.
  • Feel like cheating a little? Get an officer to activate a road banner on the cog stop near the beginning...20s of swiftness is enough to make it past almost all the tough jumps. Just be aware many feel swiftness actually makes it tougher.
  • Don't know where to go? Watch a video of a run on youtube.
  • SLOW DOWN! Don't race every single time - stop. Stop and look at the platforms, where you can jump, etc. It's not efficient to rush through each and every time, never actually learning the jumps. The puzzle is only ~1m or so to the top, stopping on a run to check out the scenery is a drop in the bucket.

A few other things I've found: if you stand at the top stairs near the clock face, and don't jump in, the green mist won't kill you. This will reset the puzzle and allow you to watch people scramble up the puzzle on the next run. Good fun. Also, at the start (before you zone in), there is a rock to the right of the gate you can jump on. I was able to then rocket jump to the higher rock on the left side of the gate, and then jump down into the water to explore. Fun times.

A few other things I've found: if you stand at the top stairs near the clock face, and don't jump in, the green mist won't kill you. This will reset the puzzle and allow you to watch people scramble up the puzzle on the next run. Good fun. Also, at the start (before you zone in), there is a rock to the right of the gate you can jump on. I was able to then rocket jump to the higher rock on the left side of the gate, and then jump down into the water to explore. Fun times.

TF2 meets GW2 ... oh yes!

There's a lot of fun places you can rocket jump to with a charr that you wouldn't otherwise be able to get to. I really need to level up my charr mesmer; potential is huge.

Back