Music..

The-Messenjah

as i seem to be talking about things that tick people off, what are your veiws on secular music?

for example. i like Eminem. i listen to him quite regularly. i think some of his stuff is very relavent. i think this explains it
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
"and everyone just feels like they can realate, i guess words are a motherfuker, they can be great, they can degrate, even teach hate, itz like these kids hang on every statement we make" (exerpt from "sing for the moment"
i can realate to a lot of his songs. but is he considered "bad"?

also i like the band Disturbed. they are a hardcore band that are also very melodic. they actually sing a lot of their stuff. some of their lyrics could be considered "iffy"

like this from their song "prayer"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

(pre chorus)

let me enlighten you
this is the way i pray:

(chorus)
living just isnt hard enough, burn me alive inside
living my lifes not hard enough, take everything away

does that sound wrong to you?

this song "inspires" me. itz hard to explain, but it is one of those songs that of you havent heard it for ages and you hear it again, you get a "jump" in your stomach. it makes you feel happy, if you get what i mean.

i also like limp bizkit.

now is this wrong? do you think that heavy music is "evil"? dont try and give me that shite about all heavy music being prayed over my witches. yes some satanic stuff is, but that is most certainly off, and i wont listen to that.

this is just my opinion, please give me yours

I don't listen to music with swearing, references to drugs, sex, violence. Honestly my Christian music collection is growing and my secular music is shrinking. I lilke the band ApologetiX which parodies Kid Rock, Eminem with Christian themes.

I think the music we listen to today ages us to fast.

IMO music is something to be very wary of what you listen to with regularity. The reason for this is because we listen to music without paying attention to it. We're concentrating on driving, homework, eating, working, etc. and we just don't pay attention, but those lyrics get in our heads, and affect our way of thinking.

We're giving these concepts of rampant sex, hate, and vile language a way into our thought processes at a time when we're not actively filtering what is going in.

an example is my wife and I were in the car, and a song my wife had heard before came on the radio, so I turned it up to listen to it, and it ended up being about either masturbation or sex, we're still not sure which. The point is, even though she had 'heard' it at least four or five times prior to this, she had no idea of what the song was about, because she had never paid attention to it.

one thing about Eminem and the music i listen to. yes i like the style, but i listen to the words and thatz what i listen to. so no, the appologetix wouldnt be a substituet to Eminem.

and you still havent answered my question. i dont want to know about "how it just get absobed" i know all of that.

please answer the questions i asked. mainly the ones about eminem and Disturbed....

thanx

I am asking for you to refrain from cursing. "Shite" does count as a swear word. And please don't post the word "motherfuker" even in a quote, okay? That would be great.
I seriously am beginning to doubt your said Christianity my friend...and are you really asking us for our thoughts on music, or are you just going to bash us as bigots if we don't like secular music, like you're on doing on the gay post, where you asked for our thoughts...?
I love secular music. People here might know that I like Metallica. They rock. I also love System of a Down. Creed is great. 3 Doors Down is good. Tool is awesome, except Tool has some problems, which is why I really don't listen to most of their songs. Just songs like "Schism", "Parabola", "Stinkfist", "Lateralus."
Disturbed is okay, but they curse too much for me. Now I could take Voices, Stupefy, even The Sickness. Prayer has zero cursing on it, I believe. But these guys are not good to listen to, just on the basis of their amount of cursing...also, don't forget that David Draiman is a humongous humanist.
Bands like Rage Against the Machine are excellent. Sum41 is cool, Blink182 is good, Ramones great, and Limp Bizkit is mmkay.
BTW, ApologetiX is really, really lame. Sorry guys. For one, what can you do whenever you hear their parody songs if you've heard the original versions of them? You think back to the lyrics of the old one...
I've said my piece...what next topic will you ask for our thoughts on?
Questions, eh? Heavy metal ain't evil. My friend's original punk rock band is going harder, and that's cool. All of them are Christians. Problems? I don't believe it will influence anyone to Satanic cults, unless you have music that is directly influenced by people such as Marilyn Manson, who have admitted to being demon-possessed, and liking it. And bands like "Cannibal Corpse"...GAD! WHo can listen to that crap?!

i'm sry i thought we were discussing secular music as a whole not those particular artists

enumem--he's vulgar. frankly i don't want to hear the hate most of his songs put out.

as for disturbed an limp bizket i don't think i've ever heard any of their songs, like i said, i don't listen to too much radio

Disturbed has one rather interesting song in which he describes himself as melting away from humanity, and awakening the demon in him when he stares in the mirror. Later on in the song, he goes psycho and basically retaliates against his abusive mother, cussing her out and ends that part with a preparation for her beating.
Limp Bizkit has one particular song I like the tune to, called Break Stuff, in which he's having a really bad day. He curses more than just once, basically leaning on "mother-" and "f-" and "s-" to express his anger...but that's how he sings in most of his songs. And Disturbed curses quite often on their songs, and I tell you right now, not good Christian stuff.

I think you are talking about "Get down with the sickness" i dont like that song that much... itz ok. but yeah, i dont like it much. i love a song by them called Remember, it is good, melodic but agressive.

and you said that stupify doesnt have swearing in it? yeah right.

ok ill Censor it just for you, but here is the first verse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
I've been waiting my whole life for just one (F***)
And all I needed was just one (F***)
How can you say that you don't give a (F***)
I find myself stupified, coming back again
All I wanted was just one (F***)
One tiny little innocent (F***)
And when I feel like I'm sh!t out of luck
I find my stupified, coming back again

no swearing? yeah right. but i dont blame you, i had to hear him live before i figured it out.

oh well, ultima, what are your thoughts on Eminem?

Uh.....I said they CURSE TOO MUCH, but I can take Stupefy, even The Sickness. I don't think I wanna listen to them live. Ever. I rarely listen to them on the radio. I prefer System of a Down, even those dudes curse the heck out of their first and third albums. Toxicity is actually quite clean.
Eminem.....I hate rap. The dude's got melody but he could express his anger in so many better words subtracted from cursing. Even me and my friend can do that in our songs!
Yeah anyways, Eminem's got probs. Good for him that he hates his mom and wife and all that. Not my probs, and he's fine with what he's got. I won't bug him.

I agree that a lot of music can poision your mind. I personally listen to Trance (which, most trance songs tend to have no lyrics whatsoever, so it's not really an issue). But, there are certain songs that have suggestive material, which I simply don't listen to. But most trance songs not having suggestive lyrics or lyrics at all, is not typical of other genres, such as rap (which I think by-in-large is deplorable).

yeah... i listen to some trance... are you talking about DJ Alligator project? eg "The Lollypop song" amd "Blow my Whistle Bit<h"??

...dude. We really don't need cursing, even censored. I mean, take a look at your sig, for starters. No need for that. No need to psot wrong lyrics, either, or titles of terrible songs. Mmkay?

Look at this! Holy crud dude. Tame it down a bit. We don't need cursing here. WE don't need semi-cursing, either. We're here at peace. If you want to disturb that, perhaps you can curse at us from the safety of the Zone of the Banned...there is no need, especially as a Christian, to express yourself as this. OKAY?! Geez, you've aggravated me something bad.

haha im not cursing you, or anyone. i am swearing, yes. but im not swaring at you, and i am by no way cursing you.

and letz get back to the topic please?

Mmkay. Eminem basically can't sing worth nothing. Good flow, good melody, bad singer. Satisfied? Okay now let's talk about Metallica...

Messanjah, you are being vulgar, crude, and rude.

The Bible tells us to not speak vile and evil things. Swearing and curse words are just that.

Besides, the reason curse words are called curse words is because they are ALWAYS cursing someone, whether it's a person they are directed at or God. There is always someone receiving the curse.

The swear words are those that are vile and ugly. The bible tells us that good water and bad water cannot come from the same fountain, so is it with our mouths. If you are cursing and swearing, then you cannot preach Christ's love and truly mean it.

Eminem cant sing? you ever heard him sing?? he can. but he Raps, not sings. most of the time. im not always concerned about the music, the lyrics are what speak to me. but what do you think of his latest stuff? not his previous stuff, i dont like that much. what about Cleaning out my closet, Sing for the Moment, or Lose yourself. what do you think of them?

Oh yeah! CLEANIN OUT THE CLOSET! "I'm sorry Mama". Craptastic. HE cusses her out. The guy has got some anger problems he needs to work out. I hate his music because he has so much hate.

Back