Multi Player video

This is the video that made lose what was left of my hype for this game... The guy even said the healer was to manage the health bars, come on, is that all they got??? Looked like your old style stare at the health bar healing...no thanks...

On a positive note, with the multi character cut scenes, they have something going there...just fix the healer and the (IMO) lame boring combat, and you have a nice looking game...

Remember that this game is still almost a year away from release and that the healer's primary function in that video was to show off the game, not to play the best healer he could. This was also at low levels, so it gives no indication of what things might be like later on. Most videos I've seen have made the combat look very good and I've heard from other sources that the healer can do a number of other things while healing. Most reviews I've read from people that actually got to try the demo of the game were very positive.

They have stated over and over again that they are trying to make the combat seem epic from the very start. That means taking on many enemies and multiple waves which will make tactical strategy and on your toes decision making a big player. I think that in itself will keep the combat from being boring.

I really don't see how you can do very much with healing game play. It's pretty much all just a bunch of bar watching. If you turn it into just an aoe heal mechanic, that just makes it even more boring IMO.

The most fun I have ever had healing is also the most stressful-a raid type environment where you are trying to keep mutliple targets (including yourself) alive without stealing the aggro and getting yourself, and then everyone else killed in the process.

Healing is difficult.

My favorite healing has always been PvP healing where you have to find a place to hide.

It would be cool to have line of sight aggro. It would add major elements to the healing play. You have to stay some what out of sight of mob, but in sight of the healing target.

The other fun option was healing by doing damage to a target. That can be fun. However, this gets OP very quickly.

Back