Pinging msn.com [13.82.28.61] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 13.82.28.61:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I'm on AT&T U-Verse service.

Anyone know of any strange issues or outages?

I've already called their support and have an appointment scheduled for Sunday, but I strongly suspect this is a widespread issue.

I tried restarting the U-Verse gateway and my router multiple times. No difference. I even switched to OpenDNS servers and the issue persists.

One speed test I performed showed 0Mbps upload.

CGA Forums and Facebook work, but Discord and PAD Forums don't.

Weird stuff, man.

I mentioned to you I had couple web sites refuse to load earlier today, while others loaded fine, but, in going back to look at the one site I remembered, it may have been my ad blocker. So IDK!

I have had problems with U-verse cutting out totally before but that problem is nothing new.

Last edited:
I'm on Uverse (in Texas) and while I'm not experiencing that same thing right now I recently went through something similar. We were getting lag spikes over 1000ms on the ping to google when it is normally around 20ms. It happened every couple seconds making games pretty much unplayable and streaming movies worked most of the time since it buffers but it was much slower than normal. The technician didn't even troubleshoot, he immediately replaced the modem. He stated we had the oldest model. I assume that was the issue since it seems to have stopped recurring.

spectre and meltdown are forcing the largest cloud providers to patch and reboot their entire infrastructures..this includes Amazon, google, and Microsoft(Azure, O365, Hotmail)..etc etc etc. considering how virtualized just about everyone is you are going to see weirdness like I warned about this morning:
https://www.etc-md.com/archives/5040

Now the vulnerabilities have been revealed. I made a video about them on a less technical level to ease understanding because there's a ton of BS out there:

https://www.etc-md.com/archives/5049

Back