mom bugs the heck out of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok, i admit im a teenager and i may be at fault at times however, i get so frustrated by the impossibleness of my mom. consider the following:

Adam: can i go over to josiahs house to hangout and finish our coding assignment thats due tomorow?

mom: wait for ur father to come home and then we'll go out to his house so we can meet his parents

adam: if i went straight over i would be at his house at 1pm, but if we wait for dad we wont get there till 5:30-6:00, plus u guys know josiah he eats here all the time.

mom: well what if something happens and the police call and they'll ask where u are and i have no idea they'll wonder how could a mother let her son go to someones house without knowing where it is.

adam: no they will ask u for any information and if something happens its the police or emergency vehicles that will be calling u in a realistic scenario.

mom: dont be smart with me

adam: im not, im being logical, but fine we'll go when dad gets back. can i eat the leftover pot roast?

mom: no im saving it for tacos on saturday

adam: is it ok to eat some cerial?

mom: no, im saving the corn flakes for a baking recipe sunday

adam: i'll go eat some noodles then, we're almost out though

mom: you know u shouldt eat that stuff, its so high in sodium, its not good for u, i dont think we'll buy anymore

adam: then what am i suppose to eat?

mom: eat whatevers in the fridge

adam: .....................

mom: btw, u shouldt be wearing ur pirate belt buckle or have a pirate flag in ur bedroom is hypocritical of you. also be careful when ur at the mall doing ur homework in B&N, there are predators out there.

adam: yes mom some creepy guy is gonna come along and kidnap a college student in a mall.

mom: btw i called u like 5 times yesterday on ur cell then i called the hs

adam: my phone was off and i didt have any voicemails and i was in class.

mom: i still caleld the hs a bunch

adam: i was sitting right next to the phone, it never rang

mom: well thats just wierd isnt it, you sure u havent been sneaking off with starr? btw how is she doing?

adam: i wouldt know, i havent seen her since tuesday at the skillsusa meeting

mom: u havent talked to her?

adam: we're not suppose to talk to each other because of you guys remember?

mom:ah... but yeah u really should take that belt buckle off its not right for a christian

adam: /leave

im sorry but if that doesnt frustrate a person i dont know what does, and if i do anything but be a "nice little boy" she gives me all kinds of crap and turns herself into the victim and u just cant get anywhere...... wth

Last edited:
I really have no idea what to say man. My parents pretty much let me do as I please. I mean, I don't even have to tell them were I'm going or when I'm going to be home. I'll tell them if they ask, but they usually don't ask. But the best thing I can say is just do what they say, and soon when you move out you can do as you please.

It sounds like there's just some trust issues to me. I had a lots of problems with my folks when I was in high school and was on constant lockdown. It took me a LONG, LONG, LOOONG time to build that trust back, but that's what I had to do. Show them that I was responsible without having to be told this and that and the other thing. But everyone's situation is different, so yeah. I lived with my parents until right before I turned 22 so I always went by the "respect your parents" rules and did as I was told while I was under their roof.

there are a few trust issues because of what happened between me n starr a few months back, but its always been this way and im really becoming frustrated and theres nothing i can do about it and i just dont know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back