Mike & Bob's ICC Run

Apollux

Hello Team,

Looks like I am unable to raid both Friday and Saturday this week (June 4th & 5th). I may be able to get on for Thursday and should know more by Wednesday. If that doesn't work for folks please grab a sub tanky type for this week and best of luck! I will be able to run Monday the 7th per our usual schedule as well.

I am out starting Sat (and probably Fri as well) for the next 2 weeks so some healing will be needed as well.

Count me in for Monday.

We have a wedding tomorrow, and I was with some friends from our old neighborhood tonight watching my Chicago Blackhawks lose. They made it a close game and are coming home Sunday!

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1809109

Backlash is what is killing Alex I think: 2010-07-12 23:23:43.546 Landerx's Backlash hit Landerx for 34200 damage. Looks like it is hitting him all at once for some reason for a huge stack of damage...could be a bug?

Different fight looks like he got double tapped by the Frost Bomb:
2010-07-12 22:36:00.687 Frost Bomb's Frost Bomb hit Landerx for 17760 damage.
2010-07-12 22:36:07.171 Frost Bomb's Frost Bomb hit Landerx for 17440 damage.

Yet a different fight:
2010-07-12 22:04:04.578 Sindragosa's Blistering Cold hit Landerx for 26190 damage.

I'm tired and not going to go through them all tonight...looks like it is different things killing Alex, probably everyone else too. If you go to a fight you are interested in. Then select your toon, then go to the real time chart. If you click on a specific point in time you can see what happened from the Browser log. You can see everything by making yourself the Target and setting the start time to the start of the fight and the end the end of the fight and click submit. It will show you everything captured in the log related to your character in the fight. The above isn't picking on Alex, but trying to demonstrate that what we see in game isn't always what is killing someone everytime, thus the advantage of looking at the meter data...

Last edited:
Ahhhh good old Sindy.

Backlash is what is killing Alex I think: 2010-07-12 23:23:43.546 Landerx's Backlash hit Landerx for 34200 damage. Looks like it is hitting him all at once for some reason for a huge stack of damage...could be a bug?

While you are afflicted by Unchained Magic, every spell you cast adds another stack of a debuff called "Instability". When the time on Instability runs out, you take Arcane damage (called Backlash) that scales exponentially with each stack. You have to stop casting and let the stacks burn off, usually at about 3-4 stacks. At 5 stacks the damage starts to really hurt.

Frost Bombs are the things Sindy spits out in her Air phases. Hide.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1809109

Different fight looks like he got double tapped by the Frost Bomb:
2010-07-12 22:36:00.687 Frost Bomb's Frost Bomb hit Landerx for 17760 damage.
2010-07-12 22:36:07.171 Frost Bomb's Frost Bomb hit Landerx for 17440 damage.

Yet a different fight:
2010-07-12 22:04:04.578 Sindragosa's Blistering Cold hit Landerx for 26190 damage.

I'm tired and not going to go through them all tonight...looks like it is different things killing Alex, probably everyone else too. If you go to a fight you are interested in. Then select your toon, then go to the real time chart. If you click on a specific point in time you can see what happened from the Browser log. You can see everything by making yourself the Target and setting the start time to the start of the fight and the end the end of the fight and click submit. It will show you everything captured in the log related to your character in the fight. The above isn't picking on Alex, but trying to demonstrate that what we see in game isn't always what is killing someone everytime, thus the advantage of looking at the meter data...
Thanks Mike.
This is very useful info and an excellent illustration of what effects a debuff (Unchained Magic) can have. (NOT singling out Alex either.)

In Sindragosa Fight #6 (from Mike's WoWMeter) we took away 9.5M+ of Sindragosa's HP. I'm confident we can take her out this upcoming Saturday. Please read up on the Queen Lana'thel fight as she will be our next target. It wouldn't hurt to do some research on Sindragosa as well...

Also, GREAT HEALING by Nathan, Mike, and Chris to one-shot Dreamwalker last night. That fight has been plagueing us for a while and I'm glad to have it completed. Just two bosses left until we face the Lich King!!

I'm looking iffy for Saturday. Will try to be there on time. I'll update my Facebook status to let you know Bob. It is my mother-in-law's birthday celebration...they moved it on me...

ICC Tonight: 7/19 and Next Few Runs

This post is mainly for Mike's & my ICC regular raiders.

We are light on toons tonight for 7/19 so I'm going to push progression runs until after the next reset tomorrow for the upcoming weekend. It being summer and peeps being busy we've had some struggles getting our full group on consistently. I'd like to know what's better for you all this weekend as I can run either Friday or Saturday evening. Goal will be to vanquish Sindragosa and the Blood Queen:
  • This Friday July 23rd.
  • This Saturday July 24th.
Please let me know what day works best for you.

Concerning tonight (Monday the 19th) maybe we do an alt run of TotCrusader? Let me know your thoughts on that too. :)

As I mentioned on TS, the only in WoW that interests me right now is getting Kingslayer title. So, you wont see me much, if at all, except for our ICC run.

As for this upcoming weekend, I vote for Saturday, but can do Friday with enough forewarning.

I'm pretty sure I can make either night work this week...

Completely off topic for the ICC 10 we did last night with new folks and new toons here is a link to see how we did. Please ignore the instructor fight there.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I can make either night work this week...

Completely off topic for the ICC 10 we did last night with new folks and new toons here is a link to see how we did. Please ignore the instructor fight there.
Thanks Mike!
Yes, last night was a great new player and toon "alt" run. Just a heads up on our upcoming ICC schedule. I'd like to run this Friday the 23rd and go after Sindragosa and the Blood Queen (at a minimum). Regretfully, I will be out of town the next two Mondays (7/26 & 8/2) on business travel returning home Thursday each trip. So no Monday runs for me the next two weeks. :(

I'll have the WoW calendar updated after realm maintenance today.

Back