Mechwarrior 5 and Mechwarrior 4

Wow! That is awesome! Though, I've never heard of those 2 Mechs; Warhammer and Jenner.

And obviously, the Atlas wins. Inner Sphere RULES!

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a ToJ MW 4 Clan that will then move to MW 5 when it is released?

Oh, that would be a long shot. I was into MW3 a long time ago, I actually only played the demo of MW4. Though, I do like the MadCat MKII. 1 of my favorite mechs.

Last edited:
Wow! That is awesome! Though, I've never heard of those 2 Mechs; Warhammer and Jenner.

And obviously, the Atlas wins. Inner Sphere RULES!

Oh, that would be a long shot. I was into MW3 a long time ago, I actually only played the demo of MW4. Though, I do like the MadCat MKII. 1 of my favorite mechs.

FYI the battle in the teaser was between IS troops. Personally I would take a Dragon Fire over an assault any day. Some people like the madcat design, but IMO it looks like a pillbox on legs. Humanoid configurations tend to look much better IMO, but others like the cauldron born are still pretty awesome.

- They finally did away with the "perfect accuracy" that was prevalent in MW<=4. In battletech rules you can't aim for specific body parts unless the enemy mech is prone or you have an advanced targeting computer. Plus in mp players often times abused it to gank weak spots like the legs, which made piloting a light suicide.

- Because this is prior to the clan invasion fights will be much closer. Except for a few weapons you shouldn't see much hits beyond the 450m range. Hopefully city based combat will have some fun mechanics (like walking through buildings :)

The MW5 stuff didn't sound all that great to me. The story they presented was not really in line with the actual BattleTech universe(Young mech pilot who is into partying and girls instead of his studies/training? No! The pilots were genetically bred, and not every twenty something idiot could be a mech pilot. >_<). Also, I don't think I'd like it if they switched to first person like that, I always liked the third person gameplay.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is curious as to where I got that story setting, it was from this IGN article.
This new MechWarrior is set on the planet Deshler in the year 3015, and places players in the role of Adrian Khol, a wayward nobleman who prefers partying and shirking responsibility over his training and studies. However, when House Kurita launches a massive invasion to conquer Deshler, resulting in the death of his entire family, Khol discovers a purpose to fight for.

Last edited:
The MW5 stuff didn't sound all that great to me. The story they presented was not really in line with the actual BattleTech universe(Young mech pilot who is into partying and girls instead of his studies/training? No! The pilots were genetically bred, and not every twenty something idiot could be a mech pilot. >_<). Also, I don't think I'd like it if they switched to first person like that, I always liked the third person gameplay.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is curious as to where I got that story setting, it was from this IGN article.

The Inner Sphere is very much like our own society. Except for a few cases like the Wolf's Dragoons you don't see artificial wombs being used at all there.

And as for the clans. At 18 you tested out to be a full fledged mechwarrior. From there you could challenge your way up, and it wasn't uncommon to see young commanders in charge of a cluster (almost equivalent to a batallion, or 30-60 mechs). At age 30 a warrior is considered on their decline and at 35 they are considered ancient. By 40-45 you would see them migrated into suicide units (solahma) or used to train sibkos provided they haven't earned their bloodname.

And as for the Clans, their society was heavily martial. Warriors are at the top of the social structure, with scientists and techs falling below. Drinking, gambling, brawling, sex, etc were rampant. In the clans there was no such thing as marriage in the warrior class (as there was no need for breeding due to artificial wombs), and things like having sex with your blood relative was not forbidden (pregnancy was). Sickening? Very much so.

Is Battlemech the prequel of Mechwarrior?

And will you buy the game, Vibrokatana?

Also, it is odd you know so much about the history, but if it was gaming-wise, I don't see you as a "Great" Mechwarrior. More like a Historian or Scientist. :p

I mean, I played MW3 on-line, and have you played on-line while I was, VK?

I'd like to challenge you, VK, in a 1vs1 Mechwarrior match. ;)

Is Battlemech the prequel of Mechwarrior?

And will you buy the game, Vibrokatana?

Also, it is odd you know so much about the history, but if it was gaming-wise, I don't see you as a "Great" Mechwarrior. More like a Historian or Scientist. :p

I mean, I played MW3 on-line, and have you played on-line while I was, VK?

I'd like to challenge you, VK, in a 1vs1 Mechwarrior match. ;)

I own MW3 and MW4. Unfortunately MW4: Mercs refuses to start up after applying the PR1 update. MW3 has tons of graphical errors to where you can't even see anything and vehicles bounce up into the sky repeatedly, lol.

Back