March 28 Event: Underworld

Wizard Bihuq

After the success of Urgoz Warren, several allies mentioned doing Underworld next. So, I'm putting it out on table now so people can plan ahead. I'll probably be running an obby tank build, which can solo one side of four horseman pretty well. Any other thoughts or ideas can be posted as well. This is a long area, so I'm considering of having at least one group leaving an hour earlier than usual (for I know some have time constraints), making it 6:45 PM EDT or earlier to start getting organized. This is one where the earlier we leave the better, so please RSVP on the forums so we know if we need to wait for you or not. Any thoughts/concerns on earlier time or otherwise?

Please note that to go to the Underworld, your character must be Ascended or equivalent.

A hint from your friendly neighborhood LION on how to VQ the UW:

Our team makeup was 4 rangers, 1 paragon, 1 perma sin, and 2 monks. We had two half trappers, barrage ranger and one was an interrupt. Shadow ran Imbagon and Talon monked and brought along Dunkoro.

You guys gonna 55 the Aatxes/Graspings at the beginning? There's a good R/Me SV/AV/Famine build that is VERY effective down there.

Alrighty, I apologize, meant to post a little earlier in the week. Based on prior attendance, I would assume we will have 3 teams.

Each of the three teams will need:
1) Someone who knows what they're doing and exactly what to look out for. I know there are guides out there; I'll post a short "suggested how to" for the UW probably tomorrow.

2) You need a tank that can tank the four horseman. If your team does not have this, you might as well not leave temple of ages, because you won't beat this quest.

-- Terra tank:
http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:E/Me_Enchanted_Tank
Two optional skills: sliver armor and earth attunement. If you are an experienced obby tank and know how to e-manage well, you probably want ebon battle standard of honor instead of earth attune.

3) Aside from having a tank, pretty much any good, balanced team should work well. A few suggestions I would have are:

-- There are no res shrines here, so hard res is good on any bar is good if you have rom. UA monks are highly recommended. A quick res is great here where there are areas you can not run away, and lots of party-wide damage needs party-wide heals.
UA Protter:
http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Mo/E_Unyielding_Aura_Monk
(If using a hero to prot, replace PS and GolE with power drain/leech signet and go 11+1+1/10+1/10 for DF/Prot/Insp. Heroes aren't very smart with PS/GolE at all.)
UA Healer:
http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Mo/Me_Unyielding_Aura_Healer
Cure hex for optional. If using a Hero, replace leech sig with ether signet. 11+1+1/10+1/10 suggested.
If using this on a player, you could go /E and use GoLE and whatnot. Basically a healer's boon build with UA instead.

-- Nukers are great everywhere, this is no exception. Bring your favorite savannah heat or searing flames build.

-- Crit barrage + technobabble with a silencing string/high asuran rank is very, very nice for shutting down the large groups of mindblade spectres and terrorweb dryders

-- Minion Masters are not recommended due to most areas not having any corpses. Curse necros work well here, or some blood/curse hybrid (OotV/Barbs/Mark of pain).

-- If you are a frontliner, please bring some type of blocking or other means of self defense. Don't be the person with 8 attack skills on your bar with no self-defense or res. :)

-- Anyone who can spam save yourselves consistently - an Imbagon, R/W barrager, etc. I'll be bringing my normal A/W build (moebius DB with for great justice/SY)

-- Splinter weapon on support characters works great. Great dwarf weapon works better when cast on people who hit multiple foes (like a barrager).

-- Ebon battle standard of honor is incredible. I'd recommend you have this on one frontliner and one backliner.

Anyway, those are some suggestions I'll toss out there. I'm not saying these are the only things people can bring to contribute. I wouldn't necessarily bring solo builds because this'll probably be a team effort the whole way through. If anyone has anything else they think would be useful that I missed...by all means please suggest it. :)

I will put another post out tomorrow with a detailed walk through with my suggestions for which order to do the quests, things to look out for (wipe spots), etc. so that all teams are relatively prepared.

* If you have done UW before and would like to lead or run a terra tank (or both) for team 2 or 3, please respond here ASAP so that we know we have poeple to lead each team. I'd hate to see folks wipe after 3 hours of pwnage. *

*** Final note: due to the length of this area, expect 4 hours for completion. Because of this (and my Saturday night bed time), I would like to put together "team1" beforehand, meet at 7:30Est, and leave promptly at 8Est or before. I have myself and a terra-tank so far...so if you'd like to be on "team1", know exactly what you are going to run, and are already ready, please respond here and we'll fill up (but not to the point whre we don't have any monks or eles, obviously).***

Last edited:
I had heard of an Ele tank but I had never seen one described. Thanks.

It is intriguing. I have to get some armor to add the earth and air runes to and a few of the Earth skills - but I want to try this out.

I probably can't get it all together by Saturday - but in the future.

I had heard of an Ele tank but I had never seen one described. Thanks.

It is intriguing. I have to get some armor to add the earth and air runes to and a few of the Earth skills - but I want to try this out.

I probably can't get it all together by Saturday - but in the future.

Yeah, you could even go so far as to have geomancer insignias and a "like a rolling stone" shield for a whopping 38 extra armor, but it's not required if you bring armor of earth. Armor of earth gives you 42 (since obby already gives you 20)...so, you really should be fine without AoE (replace with aura of resto?) if you have the right equipment. Either or.

If you like overkill and run that equipment with armor of earth/stoneflesh/obsidian, you're talking a whopping 160 armor vs all damage, 33 damage reduction, immunity to crits, and can't be targeted by spells. Tankeriffic!

I might get me a cheap set of armor and load it up with earth runes and insignias to have when I want to go out and farm or tank.

With earth equipment, you can use stone striker and stoneflesh to make a very formidible frontliner...
E/W:
Triple Chop/Cyclone Axe/Whirlwind Attack/Save Yourselves!/For Great Justice/Stone Striker/Stoneflesh Aura/Ebon Battle Standard of Honor

Haven't tested E/D yet, but I am guessing that a wounding strike or ebon dust aura build would work very well.

:: bump ::

Going to tomorrow night, and still haven't heard back from anyone who can run obby tank. Each group will need one of these, or you will not make it.

I plan on coming, but I hear you are leaving at 7:30. I'm not sure I can make it on that early. If possible, perhaps I could join a team and afk for 10-15 mins.

I can bring an ele. I've never run the Obby Tank build even though I have the skills required. I doubt you want me to practice on the 4 Horseman either. I plan on just doing general nuking although if you prefer me to bring a Sin/Warrior(not a tank)/Bipper/Trapper I can.

Woo! Congratulations to both teams that went down and completed!

Like with all the alliance events, there will be a make up this Friday (the 3rd) at 7:45 eastern for the folks who were not able to make it, or wanted to go again.

I got Asuran armor for an earth elementalist - looking for a couple of good weapons - have the skills to tank. Now I need to practice. It feels strange running into the fray with my Elementalist.

My first few goes - I had problems maintaining energy - didn't seem to be doing as much damage as I would like. I guess I am just going to have to be morepatient with this build.

If I can pull it together I might be able to come on Friday for the make-up attempt.

Back