LOTRO going free to play

There are a scarce few of us from here that play on Landroval, we're in Band of Hope. Altho at the moment, RL is keeping my wife and I from being on regularly.

1.) A thread already about it here to discuss: http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36997

2.) The last reported population of Lotro was over 2 million, but that was over a year ago IIRC...which is nothing to sneeze at...

I will definitely start my account back up when it goes free... I play on Brandywine with the Lions Of Judah Christian Gaming group... Band of Hope is a good group of people...

I usually play on Meneldor (just happens to be where I landed when the game launched). If there's an active group somewhere I'll think of moving - starting characters up again is not a problem.

I may be reactivating today just to see how things are over the summer.

Last edited:
Today is an important day for LOTRO: we’ve announced that this fall, LOTRO will begin offering a Free-to-Play option! Players will be able to download the game and adventure in Middle-earth for free. With Free-to-Play comes the addition of the LOTRO Store, where players will have immediate in-game access to a wide variety of special items, account services, and convenience items.
Source: Announcing The Lord of the Rings Online's Move to Free-to-Play!

So what do you all think of the possibility of starting up a Tribe of Judah LotRO guild once Turbine opens the Free-to-Play option to the public?

Back