LOKEN!! (Halls of Lightning Heroic)

Apollux

Jason, Meaghan, Neil, and I ran Heroic HoL last night and had a wee bit of trouble (ok - lots) with our buddy Loken. Loken has the notoriety of earning a Blizzard "Blue Post" (moderator) due to his level of difficulty. Also, by checking out Wowhead's linky: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=28923#comments you can see that 95 folks have felt his wrath. Just a few useful tips that I have learned from reading up on the fight:
  • Aspect of the Wild and Totem of Nature Resistance, Nether Protection, etc. are your friend (reduce Lightning damage considerably).
  • Two main tactics - Tank & Stay or "Run Away Bravely" (more later on that).
  • Arc Lightning will jump from one player to another (bad). Stay 5 yards apart.
Many posters are saying that if everyone in your group has at least 14K HP, the healer should be able to keep everyone up during the encounter if you choose to stay and eat the novas -
STACK-N-STAY VERSION (Heroic Mode):
"We stayed clumped up in a nice, neat little bunch the entire fight and here is how we killed him:
We had a hunter with Aspect of the Wild activated to reduce damage. Since we were stacked, we only took 800 damage/tick
Our shaman healer, with +2000 bonus heal, maxed out everyone's health when Loken started to cast his nova.
Once nova hit, our health was all around 20 - 35%, and healer quickly AoE healed back up.
We only took 2 novas and finished in under 2 minutes, granting us the Timely Death achievement."

The other key, regardless of Fight vs. Flight strategy is to spread out around Loken like evenly spaced spokes on a wheel to avoid the dreaded Arc Lightning leaping from the de-buffed player to another.

Hope this helps and any other tips would be appreciated!

Have not had issues with him. We stay together and run together.
Healing through it if people have the gear sounds easier though.

The big problem with this fight is it requires a lot out of the healer. It is not an easy fight to heal. I have healed it on Kagnus and have been through the fight horde side with several different healer types. It is just not healer friendly.

Having done this fight quite a few times, I am in favor of the stand in one spot and heal through the aoe lightning. As a paladin healer, I found if I bubble the first aoe blast and loh myself the second, I can keep the heals up for the whole fight. For healers with aoe heals, it is a matter of spamming those and keeping everyone topped off.

Back