Lock down software needed

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
kk im goin on vacation here in the next day or so, and my dad and my brother are gonna be left here. i really dont want them accessing my msngers or my anime cuz i know my brother will steal alot of it. any ideas?

no, better yet! take your hard drive out and hide it somewhere! unless your dad and brother know where you hid it, and how to hook it up they won't really have a chance of getting at your files. or you can just set up a password, and if you have a network, disable file transfers.

Just get into the BOIS and set a hard drive adminstartor password and set a windows XP log on password.  I think that your brother knows how to hook up a hard drive and would figure it out by what you have told me on AIM.  Oh wait, BIOS password wont work, he could just move the jumper and wipe it or take a quarter and strike it on the back of your motherboard and wipe the BIOS.  He might not be that smart.  Oh, reverse the IDE cable on your hard drive, that will stop him.  Unplug the main ATX power supply motherboard connector, oh, wait, thats way too easy.  Umm, to negate the wake on LAN, disable your modem and LAN card before you leave.  That way that wont happen and they cant get in to change it.  huh, anyway, maybe one of those will do it.

Or just take the wires with you..
tounge.gif

delete all your msg shorcuts and zip the msn folder, password the folder and hide the file on your hard drive. That way even if u find a shorcut it won't open because the file is ziped. same with the anime zip it hide it in a folder and zip that folder hide that file in a folder and zp it then hide that file.
Or u can unplug all the wires inside your case and take them with u.
If u only take the power cord they can always take the cord from the other comp and plug it in.

theres another comp? if they are not smart you could turn the power switch off on the back! Best thing to do is to just put a windows password on for lal the log on names.

I have a solution! reformat your hard drive 100 times! that way nobody will ever be able to get at your files!!!!!!!!!!! It's teh perfect solution!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

even with a password u can use a windows nt boot disk to bypass it. I think. There are too many ways to get around the windows password. Microsoft is not very good with security. Alot of holes.

His brother has stolen stuff from their house before, I don't think its that big of a deal if he gets caught or not. I think there is another thread about it.
i hope atown hasn't already left, his msn has been signed on all day but no one is answering.

errrr.... my msnger is really screwed it gets logged in on another computer sometimes..... dont ask....

and yeah the zip thing might be a good idea. and im useing xp and my dad actually wants to use my comp when im gone.

Back