Local Coop Games

AMorrii

I'm looking for some good local coop games for PC. My younger sister has been hanging out with me a lot lately and we've been having quite a bit of fun with Lego Batman and Magicka. We've also just started playing Jamestown and it's convinced me to order a set of USB playstation controllers. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Also, I was wondering if anyone has done the Portal 2 split screen tweak and if so how well it works. Thanks. :D

JAMESTOW--Oh, wait, you already mentioned that.

Hm.

/me scratches head

I'd recommend checking out Co-Optimus.

I wanted to bump this. I am also looking for a family oriented co-op game that I can play with my 6 year old son. It does NOT have to be local although that's fine if it is. Strongly leading towards 2D platformer...something ala Super Mario Bros'ish... anyway, what do you all play with your kids?

My 12yr old son and I love playing Cortex Command local co-op (you can't play co-op any other way). I would watch footage before buying it to make sure it is age appropriate. It has a cartoony feel, but guys blow up into bloody bits.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I would watch footage before buying it to make sure it is age appropriate. It has a cartoony feel, but guys blow up into bloody bits.

Thanks for the heads up but it shouldn't be a problem. By 'younger sister' I mean 16 years old and better at L4D2 than I'll ever be.

When I was that age. I played command and conquer with friends. We also played Red alert a LOT.

It is free now:
http://openra.res0l.net/

Some of the CGA members play it, while talking to each other on our Teamspeak3 server (cgalliance.org). The Open RA channel is under the "Reach Guildwars for Christ [WWJD]" channel, near the bottom of the list. We are currently playing the old version that ends in "111125"

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Thanks for the heads up but it shouldn't be a problem. By 'younger sister' I mean 16 years old and better at L4D2 than I'll ever be.

Be forewarned that the game is not self-explanatory, the game is still in production, and you will want to download mods to proper enjoy it.

Watch some videos if you can. That is what finally made the game click for me.

Back