Leotheras

Proudfoot

Hey all,
I just wanted to talk about the strategy for Leo and some things that I saw that we could improve on. Obviously the FR gear was a good part of the reason we couldn't take him down monday but the main thing I saw was all the melee getting hit by the whirlwind. Only the main tank should be getting hit by whirlwind. When the bossmod counts down to 1-2 seconds till whirlwind all melee (except MT) should run out past the healers or at least to them. Once the whirlwind starts even the MT can run out and wait to go back in right before the whirl ends. A dead DPS class does no dmg and that bleed is a huge drain on the healers mana even if they do keep you alive.
From Wowwiki - Whirlwind:

15 sec duration
Leotheras spins around the room
~3000 damage instant (mitigated by armor) plus a 15s bleed for 2500 per tick (no mitigation)

Also when Leo is in demon phase melee can go all out given several conditions are met. One being that the warlock tank has sufficent aggro and calls for DPS. The second being that Leo isn't standing right on top of the warlock tank casting his crazy fire thing. The AOE on the chaos blast will kill all the melee if they go into it. When Leo goes into demon form the warlock who is furthest away from Leo should try and get aggro that way the melee can go in and dps. This fight is very DPS intense and if we do kill him it will probabaly be right before or right after he enrages. Lets rock this guy :)

the bleed does have mitigation with skills and talents, i think armor too, because last time i went it was ticking for 2300 on me, after a bark skin it ticks for 1800.

run behind the big pillar before he does ww.

you could have a hunter MD to the lock durring the demon phase keeping its agro up.. i think 1 durring that phase would do, then have a shaman put a threat totem down(dunno the name for it. stoneskin?) to assit the MT getting agro back then have a second hunter MD the MT again err something? idk thoughts or ideas.

Warlocks didn't have an issue with agro... just taking the Fire damge that I forgot to tell them to bring resist.

reco you specc'd 40/21 sm/ruin?

how is it? I've always wanted to try it but never bothered to get the 2 trinkets needed for it.

supposedly 40/21 should be the new hottest thing due to spell haste rating reducing globals and nerf on life tap making dark pact almost a must have.

and tell kigedo i need my 1100g back soon.

as for leo, I've seen a warrior with FR gear tank the chaos blast just fine, so it doesnt have to be a warlock.

Back