Leaving the alliance to pursue my passion to help people

-Jeffrey-

Hi guys.

As of today, I'm leaving the alliance in order to create my own guild.
The guild is called The Friendship Division [Life] and will be devoted to helping new and developing players, which is what I enjoy doing the most in this game.

I'll probably be back in Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, so I'll catch you guys then! Feel free to drop me a PM in game or on the forums at any time.

You can't pursue your passion to help people from within the alliance?

You can't pursue your passion to help people from within the alliance?
The alliance is a Christian alliance. I've bumped into and helped countless new players who were nice and friendly, but I was unable to offer them the warm community of a guild where people could support each other. I'm merely offering them a place to stay and develop their skills until such a time comes when they find a guild that better suits them.

The alliance is a Christian alliance. I've bumped into and helped countless new players who were nice and friendly, but I was unable to offer them the warm community of a guild where people could support each other. I'm merely offering them a place to stay and develop their skills until such a time comes when they find a guild that better suits them.

That's really cool you found your passion and calling and are going for it. I don't play GW, but I read that and it blessed me to hear it. Rock on.

I believe that in showing the love of God to players in Guild Wars, some may come to him in faith. Although I realise that not everyone is called to such things, we are called to bear witness through our everyday actions.

"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)

"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)

Last edited:
I think you're doing a good thing. I would recommend you also set up a Ventrilo or TS server. I don't play GW much anymore, but it helps to have some kind of voice communications when you're helping people within your guild.

It's going well so far, 16 members and increasing, I've fully upgraded the guild hall (huge dent in the pocket because I did it purely with my money) and set up the website at www.thefriendshipdivision.tk

I'm not doing any direct advertising, rather I'm helping and making friends with several people and inviting those who seem pleasant and willing to learn.

If anyone has any friends who extensive help in the game and would be interested in joining, please feel free to throw me a private message on the forums (cgalliance) or whisper in-game.

Would you be interested in having a very small (2 people) guild join you Alliance. They are also based in Scotland.

Back