Leaders are readers

sealcomm

I've heard it said that leaders are readers.

I guess that's simply becuase they have a thirst for knowledge.

So what have you been reading lately.

I'm reading 'you the leader' by phil pringle.
powerplays by tom clancy
0-130 properties in 3.5 years ( can't remember the author)
keys to financial excellence by phil pringle (again)

Also just finished splinter in the minds eye. starwars book. i got about 40 in my collection.

I also got 1-100 of spiderman.

sealcomm

Currently just finished The Problem of Pain and A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis. Also, I enjoy a lot of science fiction by Arthur C. Clarke (good friend of the deceased Stanley Kubrick) and Issac Asimov (a scientific genius whose hobby was writing SF). I don't enjoy 95% of today's Sci-fi because, frankly, I don't think it's any good.

But those two authors are perhaps my favorite of all my reading. Also, Grisham novels are always amusing. Sort of the junk food of my literary diet.

Just finished Wild at heart by john eldredge, currently working through the purpose driven life.

Useful Idiots: How Liberals Got It Wrong in the Cold War and Still Blame America First -- by Mona Charen

I think the title is a bit childish, but this book is very good if you want a look at American political history from a conservative author.   I have learned more about Communism in America, Cambodia and Vietnam than I ever wanted to know.  I also have learned that what we learn in public education history is whitewashed...

I am also reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and Pure Desire: Helping People Break Free from Sexual Struggles
by Ted Roberts, Jack W. Hayford

Cory

I've pounded through all but 1 of Terry Goodkind's books in his Sword of Truth series. I love fantasy ^_^

hmm....currently I'm reading..

For work: ASP.NET Server Controls and Web Services with XML And .NET
For pleasure: SW: Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Bag of Bones and Botany's Choice

For other Misc. Reasons: Generations at Work

gee, i lub multi-tasking!

of course my wife hates that I have a different book for every room of the house, so that when I go into a room, there's a book there that I'm currently reading.

rock.gif

School: C++ with UML
Work: Cold Fusion Advanced Web Application Construction Kit & SQL for Smarties
Personal: Can't remember the name of the top of my head but it is a guide to being a father. Wife wants me to read it because the baby is on its way.

Most recent book completed:
The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis. This book changed my life.

Currently reading:
A Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis, in the Chronicles of Narnia series. 2nd time.
The Two Towers by Tolkien. 3rd time.

It's funny...I have a hard time picking up new books to read. From 6th grade - 12th grade I read so many books that I've forgotten most of them. I've had to do so much assigned reading my first 2 years of college that I've really had little desire to read for fun ...so now I'm going back through all the books I've already read, for the most part.
biggrin.gif

congrats Plankeye, you will be a great dad, the books dont know what they are talking about 90% of the time.

- Harvard Business Review,
- A plethora of business related papers, not the financial post, thats for posers.
- Local Christian newspaper
- The Power of Focus by Les Hewitt
- End Time Controversy by Tim LaHay
and always, always the Bible. I always have one on me
smile.gif

Man that's heaps.

I finished splinter of the minds eye a month ago and same with wild at heart.

I'm amazed at how many C.S lewis books people are reading.

I heard that they are going to make the Narnia series into movies, that would be cool if it's done well.

Also Just finished a powerplays novel by Tom Clancey, just started reading 'Armageddon' by the end times mob. theyre pretty cool.

I love the book in the dunny!! i have a few different books in different rooms too. lol

sealcomm

Now that I am finally finished schooling
- Kindergarten
- 12 Years Primary
- 2 Years Secondary
- 11 Years to get my designation
= 26 Years

I am going to pick up The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings again. I also just picked up the Chronicles of Narnia.

I've read the Chronicles so many times I know it like the back of my hand. Pretty much the same with Lord of the Rings.

Right now I'm reading Time's Enemy, part of the Fury Saga. Star Trek :p

Just finished Wild at Heart by Eldredge and Purpose Driven Life by Warren (going through it again with our church).  Currently reading Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties and Mechwarrior:Dark Age - The Ghost War for the 4th or 5th time.  

I've been reading a lot of Ted Dekker lately, my wife is reading Thunder from Heaven and I'm waiting for Red to come out.  After reading these posts I think I'll pick up my Narnia collection and more C.S. Lewis.

Holy Bible NKJV.

Approaching Hoofbeats: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Billy Graham)

Matthew Henry Bible Commentary.

Who's Looking Out For You? (Bill O'Reilly)

Recently finished: The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown, The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis, The Holy Bible (NIV) - God

About to finish: History of the Church - D. Jeffrey Bingham

Possible next books: Jesus Freaks - dc Talk and the Voice of the Martyrs, Piercing the Darkness - Frank Peretti, Hard to Believe - John MacArthur, and 2 books in progress by some author friends.

If anyone has any recommendations, please post 'em!  I'm up for ideas
biggrin.gif

Also, in regards to sci-fi books, has anyone heard of Perry Rhodan?  They're old school, but I loved them (until I ran out of them at about #140)

Jesus Freaks is an awesome book. I liked "The Narrow Road" by Jars of Clay alot too. Kindof similar to Jesus Freaks.

I just finished mere christianity and am working on The Screwtape letters. C.S. Lewis is truely a man who was used by God to do great things. His stuff is amazing. I highly reccomend both mere christianity and The Screwtape letters. what ive read of the latter is probably the favorite boook ive read to date. its deep stuff man. Also recently finished the glorious appearing, umm *looks around room* oh yeah "at dawn we slept", awesome book showing the true story of Pearl Harbor. also "rainbow six" for like the 3rd time.

Back